Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mrchris.dugdale

Difficulty wfp rinsing
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:03:38 am »
Hi all,
Chris here, ive been a member for a while now and have found the site great for info. sorry for not having posted before.
I have been window cleaning for just over a year now (best thing i have done!).I have recently started using my new freedom trolley system and im having problems rinsing on some windows.
On some windows the water forms beads and wont rinse easily and on inspection some of the drops have left marks on the glass.
Could anyone help me with this problem?
I have seen a video on utube of a guy showing this problem he then sprayed the window with something from a bottle and washed the window again with his pole and the water rinsed off lovely.
But he never said what was in the bottle or if you had to spray the glass every time or just once to prepare it for cleaning.
Dose any one know more about this? any help would be really appreciated.
Many thanks,
Chris.

mci services

Re: Difficulty wfp rinsing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 12:14:53 am »
i think but could be wrong that a guy on here called adders did a video where he sprayed the windows with a vinegar mix that made beading windows sheet. but even he admits it did not stop the spotting so pretty pointless really

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:30:11 am »
Some if it is to do with what the windows have been cleaned with in the past. Things like Mr Muscle and a lot of the supermarket glass cleaners have a waxy polish in them called "surfacer" and it stays on the glass for a very long time.

More rinsing should solve the problem though. Pure water can't leave spots even if its in drops. Its just that drops concentrate the impurities in one place. Sheeting water spreads them out out.

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:39:51 am »
Vince is right. probably 90% of my properties bead but fine when dry. So either something on glass or dirty water still left on glass or running down from above. It's very disheartening when it happens, but keep rinsing well and it should correct itself. 8) Syd

cat9921

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 12:46:05 pm »
Hi all,
Chris here, ive been a member for a while now and have found the site great for info. sorry for not having posted before.
I have been window cleaning for just over a year now (best thing i have done!).I have recently started using my new freedom trolley system and im having problems rinsing on some windows.
On some windows the water forms beads and wont rinse easily and on inspection some of the drops have left marks on the glass.
Could anyone help me with this problem?
I have seen a video on utube of a guy showing this problem he then sprayed the window with something from a bottle and washed the window again with his pole and the water rinsed off lovely.
But he never said what was in the bottle or if you had to spray the glass every time or just once to prepare it for cleaning.
Dose any one know more about this? any help would be really appreciated.
Many thanks,
Chris.

HI Chris if you are on about this Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6t5axVtq2I

Then it was me that put it on there  ;D Sorry I did not explain things well, You just put vinegar in the water then go straight to pure water. It should last sometime  ::) as for why Well it was just a bit of fun and can help if you have windows that bead thought railings, Other than that Not much point  ;D

AS for why you have spotting you will need to tell us a little more, Like
What type of frame is it Plastic,Wooden ,Aluminium
Is it a first clean
do you rinse with brush on or off the window and what type of jets are you using are they pencil or Jet.

Thanks

Adders

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:35:24 pm »
i have tried to explain this before, after cleaning glass that beads, i do quick downward strokes with the brush, this gives you a split few seconds for the glass to sheet, this may take 3 or 4 strokes, depending on size of the glass, it works for me, and leaves the glass spottless, try it and see

cat9921

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 07:57:31 pm »
i have tried to explain this before, after cleaning glass that beads, i do quick downward strokes with the brush, this gives you a split few seconds for the glass to sheet, this may take 3 or 4 strokes, depending on size of the glass, it works for me, and leaves the glass spottless, try it and see

Could you do A video, I would love to see what you mean

Thanks Adders  :D

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 08:16:12 pm »
hi adders, lets say you have just cleaned the whole glass, now its beading, now i dont trust any rinsing on this type of glass, as the dirt in the water could just disperse anywhere in the beading drops, it may look clean, but if left to dry, they may leave spots of dried dirt, this may be important, i use only a flocked brush for maintainance cleans, you know the old saying everyone says it holds on to the dirt, so the same with beading water drops, it sweeps them clean of, leaving a smooth suface on the glass, this is when you get that split few seconds of sheeting on the glass, but only on the section you sweep, so be very quick, i start from the top right, quick sweep top to bottom, fast as lightning, rinse from top down, then repeat next section, the whole process only takes seconds with practice, this way you know for certain, the glass will be spottless, sorry i cant make a video, my mobile is rubbish quality, not like your good videos  ;D

mrchris.dugdale

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 09:32:45 pm »
Thanks for all your reply's
I will give it a try with the sweeping down method.
Im having the problem on various windows mostly newer or upvc double glassed,especially on the newest looking windows which have like a very reflective glass not mirrored or anything but you can clearly see your reflection as you approach the house.
But im having no probs at all with some houses.
ive just started with the pole and dont want to upset my custys as there used to me being a bit of a perfectionist.
im using the pole which came with the pure freedom system it has mono filaments and straight through jets (pencil i think).
I have found that using higher pressure helps a bit i was running on no.15 but have turned up to 23 but the trolly runs out of water fast at that rate!
Thanks again for all your help.
Ps, Just to give u all a laugh, went to bed last night and forgot to turn the ro off, cat woke me at 3.30 am and i found the flooded shed!
Learning more about wfp every day!