Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Leasing?
« on: June 13, 2010, 04:04:36 pm »
For or against?

I have a five year old van with 40,000 on the clock. Do I run it 'till it breaks?
Do I put money aside every week for a save the van fund?
Do I start saving for the inevitable and buy another second hand?
Or lease one and have the advantages of driving around in a brand new van, no mot's, no breakdown worries?

Shell out loads for piece of mind and some tax benefits or go down the banger route.

landy2

Re: Leasing?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 04:44:35 pm »
alldepends what make of van you have and if its petrol or diecel   40 000 for any van is nothing you would need a new van if petrol by 100 000 but a diecel would go on for at least double that

spudd

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »
The way i see it mate is leasing a vans all well and good but it only takes a few weeks of crap weather, then come end of the month you've still gotta find the funds to pay for the van....

Personally id rather buy a half decent van, and keep it sweet, i.e serviced regular lil clean once a week, and not drive it around like a race car, over the years i found vans will treat you well if you look after them?? ;D

Thats just my opinion mate ;)

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 05:02:35 pm »
The way i see it mate is leasing a vans all well and good but it only takes a few weeks of crap weather, then come end of the month you've still gotta find the funds to pay for the van....

Personally id rather buy a half decent van, and keep it sweet, i.e serviced regular lil clean once a week, and not drive it around like a race car, over the years i found vans will treat you well if you look after them?? ;D

Thats just my opinion mate ;)

How are you on here when your down the harbour  ;)

spudd

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:41:33 pm »
cause i live down here  :) next to the yacht club.....

formb

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 03:49:12 pm »
Most of mine are 30 years old now, and with over 250,000 on the clock...............................

Bet they are still going when the WV are a pile of orange rust.  :P