Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

direct debit /standing order New
« on: June 17, 2010, 11:47:23 am »
i was just wondering is this a fessible road to go down with in mainly the domestic market have any of you guys done so and if so what type pf problems arise ,because at the min i do the sae and slip ,but the rumours are that the cheque will soon be a thing of the past ,or is it a complete mine field to set up and maintain ,i would really like some positive feedback on this if you have been there and done it ,and how would you tie it in to a exsisting system say george our wc pro etc ,look forward to your replys guys ,shammy  ???

formb

Re: direct debit /standing order
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:56:27 am »
Cheques are going to be gone by 2018 according to the banks.

We are changing over to standing orders / internet banking.

Direct debits are expensive to set up. Internet banking is usually free. (saves you 30p on your SAEs).

It is very easy to set up. Give your customers your Account No and Sort Code and bish bosh they can put money in your bank.

We have our own custom designed round management software which assigns a unique ref number for each customer. I have no idea how other programmes work but we tell our customers to use this as a ref on the transaction then we know where the payment has come from.

We currently receive about 15% of our turnover in this way. 1 year ago it was about 2%.

I personally prefer it. Our software designer is looking into automating the transaction into our customer database, thereby making me redundant!!!   ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:41:19 pm »
You cant set up a direct Debit unless it is through a 3rd company like premium finance etc.
I have a lot of my customers pay by internet banking, I find this the fastest and cheapest way for them to pay.
I have a paypal account too but this is rarely used now.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 12:43:33 pm »
 nice one mate  :) thanks i might meet you on the golf course one day then lol it was more the ref no side of things i was worried about

Helen

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:52:44 pm »
nice one mate  :) thanks i might meet you on the golf course one day then lol it was more the ref no side of things i was worried about

If you have software a ref number will match up to then great. But if you don't, just get them to reference it with their surname and first line of their address or house name etc etc. Shoulds then appear on your statement as " Jones,our place" £25.00.
Just a tip get a valid e-mail address, then chasing late payers becomes easier. :)

Mist A Bit

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 04:28:20 pm »
i`ve got some on standing order which runs fine if my work is on time and i use internet banking now aswell

formb

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 05:17:46 pm »
You cant set up a direct Debit unless it is through a 3rd company like premium finance etc.

Not entirely true.

It is possible to set up direct debits. The set up cost is around £3000 (possibly more) and you have to be checked out by the bank first to make sure you are not just going to clear everyone's account then chuff off to the Caymans.  ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 08:51:24 pm »
When I asked my business bank manager he told me we couldn't sign up to the direct debit scheme.
We have been approved for a credit card machine by the same bank.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.