Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Is it worth it ...
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:43:25 pm »
Hi all,

I am just after some advice, I used to own a good company which mad a little money for the pocket, closed it down and went traveling.

A) do i start up again and have a go and get ready for the F****** that dont want to pay, think you are worthless because you clean.

B) Get a normal job and get told when and what to do by some numpty who knows nothing ?

I just would like to know what your thoughts are, is the market any good ? hard work getting contrats still with foreign under cutting ???

Or do i spend some money get a water fed system, and have a go at something new, I am based near Southampton,

IS IT WORTH THE HASSLE ??? ???

Steve Weatherley

Re: Is it worth it ...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:50:07 pm »
Are YOU cut out for it? That's the question you need to ask yourself. None of my customers suggest that I am worthless just because I clean. Is this a misconception on your part? Present yourself in a professional and friendly manner, be punctual and provide a quality service. If you can manage all of these then give it a go.
You are in control of your own destiny!

geefree

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:01:24 am »
If you owned a good little company before,..then you already know the answers to your own questions,

Surely you dont need a forum to tell you wether to start up business???

Not to mention a business you have been involved in before.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:53 am »
Good answers,

But the problem is I have been offered a job only not in this industry which will pay around say £30000,

But I am not sure if i want to work for someone else, do i work for them get my holiday/weekends off ?

Or be my own boss again,

Time will tell i suppose.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:11:09 am »
 ::)

geefree

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:53:15 am »
I think you are better off being an employee.  ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 06:34:46 am »
Good answers,

But the problem is I have been offered a job only not in this industry which will pay around say £30000,

But I am not sure if i want to work for someone else, do i work for them get my holiday/weekends off ?

Or be my own boss again,

Time will tell i suppose.

Depends on your priorities.  Even though it would be with WFP, you would have to clean an awful lot of windows to match a £30k salary.  It depends how you run your business but as a bare minimum, I suggest that you would need to clean at least £35k worth of windows for a £30k profit margin with a biggish outlay to start you off.  Mind you, it may be possible to borrow much of the outlay and factor the repayments into your annual costs.  Additionally, it would take quite a while to build up to £35k worth of windows per year.
In spite of all that, from what you have said, if you don't need the income urgently maybe you should go for it.  I would hate to work for someone else too and would be prepared for lower pay in order to avoid it.

LQQK

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 08:54:55 am »

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 09:15:47 am »
wouldnt get out of my bed for less than 30 quid mate....and having to work for someone too. 8)

oh its 30 THOUSAND POUNDS :o

erm.......take the JOB.

and let us window cleaners slave away for peanuts....oh and when you walk past a window cleaner in the street give him some of your spare change....poor window cleaner.

mind you now that i have got the calculator out 30 k....thats only 580 quid per week before tax

you could earn more doing windows....in fact you should earn a lot more if you are doing it full time......a realistic figure is more like a grand a week if you play your cards right..

which is best...30 grand a year working for a boss or 50 grand a year working for yourself.....there is only one way to find out.

FIGHT (harry hill, circa 2005)

bobby p

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 09:52:48 am »
show a bit of bottle and hit the streets this weekend

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 11:20:31 am »
Personally mate I don't think your hearts in it. If you have to ask us what you should do I don't think you should even think about starting out in business again. I do this because I love doing my own thing. I get a buzz out of picking up new contracts and knowing that every penny I earn I earn because of my own efforts. I didn't need to log on to a forum to seek advice as to whether I should even start up a business.

If you need to ask mate take the job on offer :-\
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

weetot

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 11:48:06 am »
Huh!

Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

andyM

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 04:20:31 pm »
Sod working and go back travelling  ;D
Much more fun
One of the Plebs

Ian101

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 04:47:28 pm »

A) do i start up again and have a go and get ready for the F****** that dont want to pay, think you are worthless because you clean.

[/quote

you are seeing it all wrong ... we are the ones doing them the favour by cleaning their windows .. they need us more than we need them .... thats how I look at it anyway ... window cleaning is a 2 way thing ... ask yourself whats in it for them

1 Clean Windows
2 Knowing that their windie is reliable and honest goes a long way

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 04:56:11 pm »
Take the job, window cleaning will still be there in 12 months or whatever if you decide that being an employee is definately not for you, plus you could always keep the job until you build a decent round.

Glen

Sean Dyer

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 07:23:10 pm »
is the job stressful?

or is it a nice easy 30 k a year

what do you want out of life

you will never be rich as an employee but your own business can be as big or stress free as you want, but if you want an easy life an easy job in employment is prob best

although take home pay on 30 k is gonna be more like 23000, which is easy done cleaning windows part time

its your choice we cant make it for you :(