Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

awcs

cancelations
« on: May 29, 2010, 10:17:47 am »
Had job booked for today, soffits fascias conny roof and windows £280's worth numpty cancelled me because it looked like rain.
Asked to rebook when sunny. told them if they knew when it was going to be sunny let me know and i will book myself a week off and get someone else to do the job. Dont think i will be asked back

Re: cancelations
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:19:01 am »
best time to do them is in the rain,  i save all mine or the rain and havent had a problem yet,  probably didnt have the money

awcs

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:21:58 am »
oh they have the money she is just a nutter

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:28:41 am »
they are the worst type, i have had a few nutters,  they cancel for no reason

cozy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:32:48 am »
they are the worst type, i have had a few nutters,  they cancel for no reason

They have a reason, but they don't want to tell you. That's what's annoying. >:( You don't know what reason because they don't or won't tell you, so you can't avoid it happening again! Everyone has idiots like that now and again mate. ;D

awcs

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 10:50:33 am »
not to worry thought i had a day off but phones just rung conny roof to price if accept quote can do today £££££££

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 01:05:19 pm »
We know customers when the see anything like dark clouds or a few droplets thats it they cancel...We all know this is a pain in the rectum...

But you should of rebook for about a day or a weeks time, as its your imagine that you are going to let down and getting a bad name from one client could put your business in jeopardy.

It's easy to get a bad name about you, than it is even hard to get a good image of you.

And i agree they are better to clean with rain about as it helps with the cleaning but customers be thinking that when it rains it brings dirt with it the usual thing....God help us what are custy's coming too :)

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 01:25:12 pm »
must be annoying for you!personally ive never had any custy mess me about for a pre booked add on job like yours.

i would never lose my rag or try and be a smartarse on the phone.i would have booked it in again for next week or told them matter of factly that the job gets done today or not at all due to heavy workload and that we dont stop cleaning due to wet weather and that it wont affect the standard of the clean!

i did a fascia/soffit clean on a house on good friday and it was pouring down!but i knew they were on holiday! ;)

so i just left invoice/sae and got cheque in the post the next week with a note telling me what a great job id done!!! ;) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

dmlservices

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 02:08:40 pm »
fascia and conservatory roofs  come up better in wet weather , than when it is dry and sunny imo,   esp when using tfr,  as it does not dry out to quick,   i myself have done them i pouring rain ,  both when customers have been in ,  and when out,  they always say how good they look,  a good set of gortex water proofs , and you stay dry, can highly recommend berghaus paclite for all year round use ,
and a good pair of water proof boots, i use brasher borgue gtx- very hard wearing.

daz

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 03:31:53 pm »
Every time I quote I always include the words: "we clean in most conditions, including rain, but everythings guaranteed.  If there's a problem, pick up the phone - call us and we'll come back and put it right."  For pre-booked appointments I stress this, telling them that we will do the job on the appointed day regardless of the weather but still tell them the guarantee stands.  This is also in writing on my quotation forms.  If after that they try to postpone because the weather isn't perfect, I remind them of the terms of the agreement and say we are intending to keep to our agreement, but if they cancel we will not be able to offer an alternative date as they may then simply cancel again.  If they refuse then that's the end of it, they were always going to be pain in the butt types anyway.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »
Had job booked for today, soffits fascias conny roof and windows £280's worth numpty cancelled me because it looked like rain.
Asked to rebook when sunny. told them if they knew when it was going to be sunny let me know and i will book myself a week off and get someone else to do the job. Dont think i will be asked back
what a attitude to have with your custy.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 05:50:27 pm »
iT IS JUST AMAZING HOW CUSTOMERS KNOW OUR JOB AND WHAT WORKS BETTER FOR THE RESULTS.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 06:35:44 pm »
The customer is always right!!! I wish I could afford to turn down a £280 job.
 ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 06:48:25 pm »
Ian... Do you get the customer to sign the sheets to say they agree with T&C's ?

A friend of mine had a £10k landscaping job cancel the night before... Because someone was doing it for £50 cheaper. He lost a load on the turf he had bought for the job.

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 07:46:12 pm »
Every time I quote I always include the words: "we clean in most conditions, including rain, but everythings guaranteed.  If there's a problem, pick up the phone - call us and we'll come back and put it right."  For pre-booked appointments I stress this, telling them that we will do the job on the appointed day regardless of the weather but still tell them the guarantee stands.  This is also in writing on my quotation forms.  If after that they try to postpone because the weather isn't perfect, I remind them of the terms of the agreement and say we are intending to keep to our agreement, but if they cancel we will not be able to offer an alternative date as they may then simply cancel again.  If they refuse then that's the end of it, they were always going to be pain in the butt types anyway.

why not add a levy of, say 30%, for less than 48hrs notice. that should cut down on the cancellations? may be hard to enforce in reality but custy doesnt know that...

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 09:46:15 pm »

why not add a levy of, say 30%, for less than 48hrs notice. that should cut down on the cancellations? may be hard to enforce in reality but custy doesnt know that...
are you real :o :o

simon knight

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 02:15:15 pm »

I never show up when it's raining and my customers know that. On the other hand if I didn't show up because "it looks like rain" I'd probably end up working a few days a week.

You were right to get shirty.