Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVEHANDS

ADVERTISING
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:36:39 am »
I STARTED ADVERTISING ON YELL 2 MONTHS AGO AS A HEAVYWEIGHT LISTING AND HAVE HAD LITTLE RESPONSE AND I HAVE SIGNED UP TO A YELLOW PAGES WITH A SMALL BUSINESS CARD ADVERT WHICH COMES OUT IN JULY, BUT LAST WEEK I HAD GOOGLE ON TO HAVE AN ADVERT IN EVERYTIME SOMEONE TYPES IN WINDOW CLEANERS IN MY AREA, HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIANCE WITH ANY OF THESE OR OTHER SUGGESTIONS. CHEERS

DaveG

Re: ADVERTISING
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:50:57 am »
I advertised in Yellow Pages when I first started and got nothing from it, although I do get the odd enquiry from Yell.com.

Try and put an ad in your local Parish Magazine...I got quite a bit from advertising this way.

In my opinion the best form of advertising is a nice clean sign written van, that people see regularly when youre in their area.
You can't polish a turd

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 11:54:57 am »
i advertise in yell.com, yellow pages and leaflets, the best results i have got excluding knokcing is leaflets,  i wont be advertising with yellow pages next year, think it is a waste of money,  am goign to spend my money on getting my website ranked higher,

STEVEHANDS

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:14:20 pm »
THANKS FOR THAT
THINK I WILL ASK FOR A REFUND ON THE YP ADD
ANY THOUGHTS ON THE GOOGLE THING, THERE IS A ONE MONTH TRIAL FOR £90, AFTER THAT ITS £130 MONTH SIGN FOR A YEAR.

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 12:17:34 pm »
for the 130 what do u get,   as i had yell.com trying to sell me the second spot on there page for 50 a month ,

STEVEHANDS

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 12:28:18 pm »
IF YOU TYPE IN WINDOW CLEANERS THEN AN AREA INTO GOOGLE THERE ARE A FEW COMPANIES COME UP FIRST, AND IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HIGH YOUR RATING THESE WILL ALWAYS GO FIRST ( NOT ADVERTS DOWN THE RIGHT SIDE) TRY IT ON GOOGLE
THANKS
STEVE

daz1977

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 12:35:38 pm »
to be honest i would dump yell and just go with google,

i for one dont look in yellow pages i just google everything,

richard roderisk

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 12:51:06 pm »
JUST STARTED BUSINESS. PICKED UP 5 CUSTOMERS SO FAR, BEATING THE STREETS DROPPING LEAFLETS. ANY OTHER IDEAS?????

daz1977

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »
knock doors,  offer 1 free cleans for ever new custy that old custys get u

Jack Wallace

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 02:01:47 pm »
was your yellow pages add ALL IN CAPITALS? if so that would not help as is a real pain trying to read it and people dont like being SHOUTED at.  ;D

Mist A Bit

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 03:19:50 pm »
i found in the past the cheapest way and most response came from an ad in local newsagents windows and some local petrol stations let you leave a pile of leaflets on the counter. Using the petrol station got me a whole days work in a village local to me, a good return for zero effort advertising

steve

cleewindows

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:59 pm »
knock doors or hire a canvasser or how about pay someone you trust £25 for delivering every thousand leaflets.
then a few days later knock on the doors,that way you will get work plus you will then know you can trust them or not!

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 08:04:17 pm »
JUST STARTED BUSINESS. PICKED UP 5 CUSTOMERS SO FAR, BEATING THE STREETS DROPPING LEAFLETS. ANY OTHER IDEAS?????

With most things in life, you get out what you put in.
if you put in the effort, that will be rewarded with customers, there is no EASY way of building a business.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

stfc

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 08:21:20 pm »
THANKS FOR THAT
THINK I WILL ASK FOR A REFUND ON THE YP ADD
ANY THOUGHTS ON THE GOOGLE THING, THERE IS A ONE MONTH TRIAL FOR £90, AFTER THAT ITS £130 MONTH SIGN FOR A YEAR.

You will be very very lucky if you got a refund,ive advertised on yell.com for a year and have gained alot of contracts through it.