Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

SLX 25FT POLE.......EVERYDAY USE
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:47 pm »
is it ok to use it all day on run of the mill stuff and for the odd higher account?as im thinking of ordering one as my first pole.25 ft will cover all my work i have at present as i use a 30 ft unger trad pole and ive never used the 5th section ever yet!i can always get another longer pole as my round expands.

1.is it light enough to use all day?

2.and is the closed length ok for using it on downstairs windows?

according to gardiners they will be in stock around the end of may.i wont be starting wfp till july due to jobs on van need doing first etc.

any thoughts and experience with the above pole would be welcome lads! ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: SLX 25FT POLE.......EVERYDAY USE
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:33:35 pm »
I've used one day in day out for 2 years. Aside from the really big stuff which I use an sl2 for.  Best pole I've used.

Simon. 

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:36:49 pm »
Have been using mine ever since it came out. On residential work it covers about 99% of all my work. I personally would go with a 30ft and leave one section off, and only use it when you need it.

It's light enough to use all day, it's very rigid. Closed length is brilliant on downstairs too. Even on higher sash windows it reaches it all just fine. Couldn't be more happy.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:26 pm »
cheers simon.im gonna order one as soon as there in stock!no point buying a f/glass xtel 17ft and a 25ft other pole if the slx 25ft will reach all my work and be nice n light!less strain on the shoulders and arms!

i will get a cheaper pole(like an xtel)as a spare back up pole though.

regards

dazmond

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:53 pm »
I agree with the guys above..they are fantastic poles
You can't polish a turd

John Walker

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 01:17:38 pm »
I agree with the guys above..they are fantastic poles

Ditto ditto ditto  :)
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Martin ccs

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:21 pm »
come on mate you have been banging on about going wfp for ages now.

just get on with it! if you cant/dont wanna get all the top kit just do go down the really cheap and crap route and you cant really go wrong!

just get a backpack,pole & vessel and just build up from there!

when you then get a van system the old pole n backpack will just come in handy for some jobs im sure.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 02:14:34 pm »
i know martin!i had a lot of debts to pay off over the last couple of years which im not goin into!anyway i paid them all off by jan but with the snow and getting a new van ive not had the funds.as well as buying new laptop,flatscreen tv and doing my flat up etc.

ive done a lot of research now and i dont want cheapo stuff!im not gettin a van mount!trolley and backpack for me.i need to get cambelt done on van and service etc.pure freedom trolley so i wont be starting proper till july time(1st cleans!) ::) ;) ;D ;D

Martin ccs

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 02:33:59 pm »
pf trolley - you going with the 25ltr or the 50ltr?

ive got the 25ltr x line trolley - like the look of the 50ltr pf trolley.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »
ill be goin for the 50lt pure freedom one martin then ill not be goin back to the van as often!im hoping 50lts will last me about an hour with tradding the odd downstairs windows(after the first cleans are out of the way!) ;) ;D ;D

i have a lot of very compact work(over two weeks of it)and some of it its hard to park and a lot of junk in custys gardens so trolley and backpack will be better i think!! ;D ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 03:59:51 pm »
Ive got a freedom trolley the small one it's great Ive adapted a remote control and with my 1mm jets and a slx 22 its a good bit of kit, before anyone says remotes ain't any good there wrong great for trolleys Ive upgraded my signal with a proper antenna.

Martin ccs

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »
i want to do that! aint got a clue how do it and i wouldnt even try.

ever get any probs with the remote?

Martin ccs

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:44 pm »
whilst you are on here smithy - ive seen alot of your kit on few posts - goes to show that you dont need a van to be a pro.

you seem to have all the right kit and uniform - more wc should follow suit to help raise the name of window cleaning. new guys could learn alot from this guy.

did you get your vehicle magnet from vistaprint? is so what size was it?

s.w.c

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 05:43:05 pm »
thanks for comments, never had probs with remote since upgrade its been used well over a year,
magnets are from vistaprint,
when i fist started with wfp i started with a astra van with van system in it, but i found trolley suited my round better, so i stripped van out and used trolley, then i realised i could fit it all in my car so running two motor was ended,

s.w.c

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 05:46:54 pm »
also martin i picked up this non-return valve up from pure freedom, its used on  newer models but older one suffer AIR LOCKS with this little gadget it solves the issue it great no airlocks

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 05:52:43 pm »
Used my slx day in day out since they first came out & still do to this day. It's the only pole I carry on the van (no short poles) & use the sl-2 for higher stuff.

Great pole, real time saver & it does all from ground upto 30ft. Way better option than having various poles on board. ;)

s.w.c

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 05:57:25 pm »
i carry a slx 22 for 90% of daily use and i carry a slx35 for larger pole use, and a modular at home for 50 plus, but i would say the slx 22 is a good option if you need a general daily pole.