Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Part time jobs when starting up W/C business.
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:02:23 pm »
About to launch W/C business within the next month but will need a part time job until I have enough customers.

Thinking part time cleaner in mornings and bar work at night.

What did you do before you went 100% window cleaning ???

paul rulton

Re: Part time jobs when starting up W/C business.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:17 pm »
i started off workin 4my m8 who rented out rounds & ended up buyin the round i was workin off him  ;D

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 02:26:06 pm »
I was a full time voluntary window cleaning canvasser!  ;)

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 02:30:38 pm »
I was a full time voluntary window cleaning canvasser!  ;)

get your drift  ;)

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 02:49:01 pm »
More than 20 years ago I was working in a bakery full time when I decided to start window cleaning. Quit my job and was given a small amount of work. The shop owner asked me to come back and work mornings for him 5-9 6 morning a week which really helped out untill I had enough work.
I was living at home so no real responsibility. My mum used to take £15 board off me, those were the days eh.

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 02:57:55 pm »
[quote

I was living at home so no real responsibility. My mum used to take £15 board off me, those were the days eh.

I can remember those days .... just !  ;D

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »
I left my IT job with 2 months money behind me... That forced me to build a business very quickly... To begin with I went out canvassing every day all day and then cleaned any new customers later on that week.

It still took a good 6 months of building to bring in a regular okish wage.

Andy

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 03:45:10 pm »
My prevoius job was shifts over Fri, Sat & Sun - so cleaned Tue Wed Thurs

But judging by some responses from door knocking you can also be...

Fireman, Postman, Bin man, Wheelie bin cleaner, Milkman, local builder or the chap who run the chippy down the road  :P

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 03:57:45 pm »
I did some weekend security work which wasn't very well paid at all; but I did get to sleep on the job.  ;D

mci services

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 04:21:53 pm »
My prevoius job was shifts over Fri, Sat & Sun - so cleaned Tue Wed Thurs

But judging by some responses from door knocking you can also be...

Fireman, Postman, Bin man, Wheelie bin cleaner, Milkman, local builder or the chap who run the chippy down the road  :P

Darran

i also know a fish monger that sets his shop up in the morning then cleans windows all day while his staff sell fish

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 04:31:02 pm »
ive had several part time jobs since starting a year and a hal ago. Wen i started i was doing chef and car washing at weekends. Then  i went full time from march through to feb this year. Work was so bad this winter i have started another permanent part  time job as a caretaker in a nursery. I work 8 - 8.30 and then do my own work until 3 and back in the nursery from 3 - 6.

its been great over the last few months, but now that im getting busier again its more of a challenge.

dmlservices

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:29 pm »
i had a full time job at an engineering firm , worked weekends for 18 mths, had someone helping me , we were both going to do it full time, he decided it was not for him .
i then packed in my job, and started window cleaning full time, that was 21 years ago , never regretted it  :)

daz

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 07:43:22 pm »
im working full time as a team leader in a distribution centre on nights but due to them changing the shift pattern i have untill the 8th of august to get enough work and customers to leave or go down to 3 days a week if they let me!
im picking a lot of jobs up but not finding time to canvass as much as i would like!
 I might be getting someone to9 start canvassing for me.
 I have missed out on buying 2 rounds.im picking up driveway cleans and guttering cleans so they are hopefully going to pay for the canvassers to build my round up.