Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jon777

carpet dried lighter
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:32:39 pm »
Hi all,

Had an odd one recently was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

Cleaned a cream looped pile wool carpet with woolsafe pre spray and rinse with tm. Replaced furniture on poly blocks and all seemed well.

Customer called me back next day as the carpet under one arm chair which is in the bay window has dried lighter than the other carpet ???

Its an exact outline of the armchair and appears that where it has not been exposed to the light during drying it has caused it to go lighter?
Its definatley lighter than the rest and not the rest being darker than the pathch as the rest of the room matches the carpet for shade in the next room which was not cleaned.

I would have thought if anything an area under a chair like this would be more likely to yellow as it would be damp for longer.
There is normally no furniture in this area so there was not an original variation in shade prior to the clean.

Any ideas?

Simon@arenaclean

Re: carpet dried lighter
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:50:09 pm »
You have not mentioned what you pre-sprayed with (except it was woolsafe) or rinsed with? Could that be your problem? Slower drying may have caused the reaction but again it would depend what it was.

Simon

Picture might help too.

jon777

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:37:40 pm »
Wool safe gold and fresh water rinse. No pic I'm afraid.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:57:44 pm »
Nothing there that should of caused any problems, afraid I'm a bit foxed on this one. I suggest you ring Prochem  020 8974 1515 and ask for technical adivce. They maybe able to help.

Simon

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:36:04 am »
Hi

Under the char is untouched new carpet, it hasn't been walked on by dirty feet or had anything spilled on it or been crushed by walking all over it.

Whereas the rest of the carpet probably has, how are the edges or maybe under a cabinet?

Regards

Martin 8)

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:28 am »
As Martin says, I think this is probably a light issue. The clue is in bay window. Even slight wear on the carpet around the chair will cause pile flattening whereas under the chair it will be untouched. The flattened area will be absorbing more light therefore appearing darker. I know you say there was no furniture there before but I bet you that chair has been there. Either way I don't think you are responsible as if it had been the cleaning process it would have affected other areas of the carpet.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:23:55 am »

There is normally no furniture in this area so there was not an original variation in shade prior to the clean.

As Jon777 points out there was no furniture in the bay so traffic/light damage seem unlikely.