Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomy jackson

wot haped this mooring
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:00:38 pm »

second house this mornig custy in drive pulling kidy seat out of wifes car very rufeley he sees me and sade can you give it a miss this time me o ok and i start to go over the rd for another one and he sayes pooperly dont bother agane so i say you still owe from befor he says hel get it from his car rond the corner .so i go and sart to wash over the rd finesh frunt and shes in her moter she puts window down so i go to edge of garden and she says hes got the cash ,
o alwrite ,then i go rond back of house and sarte to put pole up and i hear her rev her moter a sqweall of tiyers next thing the poles riped out of my  hand thers a tribul sund i run to frunt to see hose being draged down the rd as i get ther she stoped and for a sec ond looks at pipe and sets of at sped a gaen i shout at her ot stop she wos 50 m down the rd when she pulled up agane 80 m by wich time the hose had rubed thue and twanged back up to 20m from van
and hit anuther van any way the lad just drove of .she got out with rest of hose ronwd her weel had a look for a second got back in and drove of at sped , the hose is 10 m shortera and a big gouge out of bumper all the way thrue wear hose rubed thue ,the thing is il never be abul to prov shes don it out of malice ,now if thers no damage to her car il be srprized so wot now ,shud i go to old bill or infom inshorace as later on she mite try to make a clame ??.and how dangerus it wos it cud have hit sum body ,or i mite have had hose rond my leg ?????????? so wot shud i do 

cozy

Re: wot haped this mooring
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:06:30 pm »
Like you say Tomy, could have been alot worse, if the hose was wrapped around your leg.........
Sorry, can't help you with the legal side, but over here, I would have reported it to Police as an accident, then you have at least got yourself covered if she claims. UK has lawyers chasing claims all ove the place at the moment. Tricky, good luck though.

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:51 pm »
report it to your insurance company and give her address, by law she has to pass it on to her insurance and then let them fight it out

weetot

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 07:34:29 pm »
Go back to bed and get out the otherside mate, youve had one of them days..
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 07:39:16 pm »
its only sice i got home and stoped and throt a but it ,the in chassers whont be in trested as its onley damage as for mine i filled it at diner with bumper filler i had in garage a bit of rubing down and then a bit moor filler then wet and driy ital look new

tomy jackson

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 07:40:01 pm »
no years  ???

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:53:09 pm »
never mind tomy , it can only get better now ;)

blue monkeys got the right idea

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 09:11:53 pm »
The same has happened to me, it's quite frightening thinking about it again.

If you do mention it the police they will be likely to give you a bollocking as it was your pipe that was crossing the road.

My advice is drop the customer, they sound like messers, and keep the incident to yourself, if she brings it up at a later date remind her of the implications of driving away from and not reporting a RTA.

tomy jackson

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 06:58:33 am »
hed all redy sacked me if you look agan ,thats why i asked for wot wos owed ,thay wer never good payers ??? ???

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 07:32:57 am »
Sorry for trying to give you some advice, what I meant to say was I would  write off the debt, if there is any damage to her car, stricktly speaking, it would be your fault for leaving the pipe over the road.

Best just to leave these type of people and get on with the other neighbours.

Tom White

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 08:21:43 am »
Tomy, that incident sounds bad, fella.  I think your ex customers are lucky that you're not the vindictive type.  s.walker gave the advice I would follow, just leave these types and crack on with your other work.

And for customers who I get really 'bad vibes' from, I tend not to clean their windows anyway. 

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 09:52:58 am »
I imagine that she didn't realise it would cause that much damage, probably just thought she could mangle the hose a bit.  If you tell the police then you would probably be under investigation for a road traffic accident.

Just a thought, hoses don't normally get caught up if they are laying on the ground, maybe she kicked it up with a bit of wheel spin, could it be though that when you had pulled out and the hose wasn't laying flush with the ground and therefore got caught up on her bumper.

Just one more thought......women drivers hey. :o

Hope your day improves.

Simon.

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 04:03:26 pm »
thayed all ways bin very plesunt be for but bad payers

david watts

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 07:21:36 pm »
bad payers get binned  sharpish otherwise you may as well be in bed.
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

windowswashed

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 07:27:56 pm »
A very good priced house aint worth Jack diddley if they're lousy payers.