Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sibo.

leaking ninja
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:41:05 am »
 Hi can anybody on here help me i have a ashby ninja and its got a leak carnt seem to find were its comein from does anybody know any repairers in or near liverpool aera that can repair these sort of thing cheers guys simon.. ??? ??? come on guys someone must know someone please  :'(
QUALITY NOT QUANTITY.

Jim_77

Re: leaking ninja
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »
All you need is to pinpoint the leak and then with a few simple tools you should be able to do it yourself.

Is it leaking inside the machine case?  Like water is running out the bottom of the case?  I had a problem like that once, I forget what it was but I think it was just one of the fittings in the solution system that needed taking apart, old PTFE removed and then re-tightening up with fresh PTFE tape on the thread.

You really need to run the pump with the machine open..... but this is the problem with a ninja, because it hinges to get inside - you have to be a bit careful because the tank is now almost horizontal!  But it can be done, trust me :)

Once the pump is running it should be fairly easy to spot the leak.  I'd have a few towels handy and dry the inside so you can see where it gets wet.  Might be a leaking fitting as I said, or could eb a split hose or where the hose goes on to the pump inlet/outlet, they are a barbed spigot, sometimes that needs re-fixing.

Could also be getting in where the heater, sensor or pump inlet go through to the bottom of the tank but very unlikely.  Have a look and see what you find, yell if you need any more help ;)

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 03:26:12 pm »
Oh and you need to fix this pronto, as the water may be spraying straight at all the electrics inside - could be the difference between a small cheap fix or a huge expensive problem.

sibo.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 03:36:06 pm »
thanks for your reply ive done most ov wot youve just wrote buddy even run the pump like you said im normally pretty good at fixin my machines this one got me stumped . it seems to be leakin wen its a quarter full there is no air bubble either wen lookin in to see were it mite be seepin in through it seem like its comein in through between the dirty chamber and the clean chamber is regardssimon.. :-\
QUALITY NOT QUANTITY.

clinton

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:43:01 pm »
Is thre a lot of water coming out?Is it dirty water ???

sibo.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 03:47:34 pm »
theres a constant trickle after abot a few mins there is a big puddle and it seems to be comein from both sides , and its clean water thats leaking out thanks simon ..
QUALITY NOT QUANTITY.

clinton

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 04:07:45 pm »
Does it leak when the machine is off or just when its on and if the later as jim said its he pump.

sibo.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »
It leaks when its off dosent have to be running  the pumps  not that old plus the water is not leakin from anywere near there comin down from between the clean anb the dirty chamber thanks simon ..
QUALITY NOT QUANTITY.

CATMAN

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 06:04:59 pm »

Host Von Schrader 0151 347 1900 carry out repairs to all types of machines. Not too far from Liverpool, Regards Graham

sibo.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 06:11:46 pm »
Thanks buddy i know were they are been there b4 thats great thanks  ;D ;D
QUALITY NOT QUANTITY.

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:32 am »
There is one potential problem you need to keep an eye on. Underneath the mesh intake filter in the tank is a brass fitting which connects to the solution hose to the pump.
This has a nut  flange which hardly protrudes. ( Ashby's hone this part down with a lathe)

This fits through a washer, what happens the chems
corrodes this flange and the fitting gets loose and starts leaking.
Its a pig to get off and get a decent grip on the nut.

If you do refit it make sure you put a quality silicon underneath the washer.

Good luck
"So basically its a big vax!"

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:52 pm »
I need to take my machine in

I am getting a back preasure leak at solution hose machine connection

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 01:08:14 pm »
Ian just a thought have you tried changing the male on the end of solution hose?
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 04:58:46 pm »
They are new hoses  and I have three diffrent thingy ones