Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wc Solutions

sills brush help please guys...
« on: September 21, 2010, 02:22:57 pm »
ive got the vikan sills brush - red and green one - got it from gardiners ... i love it, this i use on my every day pole - clx.

but i thought id get a second brush head for my 31 ft brodex alloy hydra - for the bigger jobs .... so some how i ended up buying a vikan sills brush from john hewitt - the hi lo sills brush - its just plain red.

the thing is the bristle seem really harsh! almost like a broom.

im using it 2moz and im wondering if i should ....

i know there is a soft and hard version of the sills brush but it didnt say on john hewitts site and i just assumed it was gonna be the same as the red and green one.

any help please guys would be great.

anyone got this brush head? review/thoughts

Nameless Drudge

Re: sills brush help please guys...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:09:17 pm »
Cant help too much at all though i do know there are soft sill brushes and a red only bristled stiff one sold. I would like someone who uses the stiff bristled type to report on its useage though as i am scared to buy it.

SPE

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »
do you mean this one ?
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Sill_soft_mono.jpg
its mono filament, just bought it with my clx 27, its the dogs thingy's, wish I'd bought a sill brush years ago, its soooo much better at cleaning wooden sash windows ;)

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:19:29 pm »
Thats the one i am thinking about,i would be worried about it being a bit harsh and removing flaking paint etc.
Actually just checked gardiners site and it doesnt mention if its the stiff one so as usual i shall remain confused but i do know there is a brush looking identical and described as stiff out there for sale somewhere.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 09:04:10 pm »
Done the research again, the one thats all red(stock and bristles) is the one that appears normally sold and described as having stiff bristles.