Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Buckland

Mouldy synthetic
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:33:01 pm »
Once upon a time I always used to think throw enough chems in right combination and heat at a problem and it will eventually give up but I know thats not true especially with mould - I have a boat interior carpet to do - small boat but synthetic carpets have mould on them - he says the mould transfers on a towel when rubbed so sounds hopeful

JUST WONDERING - anyone got any bright ideas about pre-treatments etc - hopefull something they've tried that works - if it was a conservatory or somesuch in a domestic situation and its didnt lift easily Id say repalce but he says the boat carpets are gluedowns - any ideas out there...

Thanks
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

Jim_77

Re: Mouldy synthetic
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 03:48:46 pm »
Possibly a clean with an anti-fungal type cleaner, or colloidal like m-power or nemesis, to kill the mould.  Then maybe to get rid of any remaining mould staining bonnet buff with an oxidiser like oxibrite or similar?

Buckland

Re: Mouldy synthetic
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:27:23 pm »
thanks jim - good advice - two step solution solution! the carpet turned out to be more of a problem whereas what he told me was also carpet below deck in the cabin was some sort of synthetic floor and wall covering - some of the stain was glue showthro - anyway I used an antifungal with plenty of dwell followed by wipedown and then powerburst prespray and rinsed very hot - access and uneven surfaces made it pretty unsatisfactory but client seemd pleased with the reult and the ordinary indoor/outdoor came up a treat - anyways ta for the comeback
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk