Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darranvps

Re: why has the forum gone down hill?
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:05 pm »
It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.

So good night, I need a rest from all this posting I have a job to do 8)

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 08:43:47 pm »
There's only a couple o names i recognise now. Tosh, Matt and maybe a few others. Maybe it's me.........Maybe i'm just getting old. Time to move over 4 da young gunz :-)

A lot of them are still around, but under different names, for example The Shiner is now Paul Coleman and Malc Gold is just plain old Gold now.

I liked Wavie Davie, the Jock.  Remember him?  He had a sense of humour that chimed with my own, and he knew his stuff, and no doubt ran a successful business but wasn't one of the pretentious 'businessman types', he was definitely a window cleaner's window cleaner.

Wavie Davie mods on one of the other popular forums. Your right he is a good lad and knows his stuff.

Peter

R W C™

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 08:45:35 pm »
There's only a couple o names i recognise now. Tosh, Matt and maybe a few others. Maybe it's me.........Maybe i'm just getting old. Time to move over 4 da young gunz :-)

A lot of them are still around, but under different names, for example The Shiner is now Paul Coleman and Malc Gold is just plain old Gold now.

I liked Wavie Davie, the Jock.  Remember him?  He had a sense of humour that chimed with my own, and he knew his stuff, and no doubt ran a successful business but wasn't one of the pretentious 'businessman types', he was definitely a window cleaner's window cleaner.

Wavie Davie mods on one of the other popular forums. Your right he is a good lad and knows his stuff.

Peter

I wonder which forum that is  ;D

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »
Can't remember the name :-X

Peter

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 08:55:33 pm »
 I remember Wavie Davie being a mod here. He was/is a good bloke.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 09:01:42 pm »
I have had the pleasure of spending a drunken evening with Wavie davie, I am still waiting for him to buy his round though.

mr D

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 09:24:17 pm »
I can't spell for toffee so it don't really offend me when I read a post with spelling mistakes and poor grammar. I think if the mods started banning those who don't tow the line where basic English comes in to play this would be a lonely forum.

As for "it's gone down hill lately" You haven't been a member that long your self.

From my memory CIU has always had issues with bullying, bitching etc. As a mod on another non cleaning related forum and a member of others I agree this is the worst for the bullying, bitching trolls.

Why? I think is a few reasons, first being WC's are very competitive and territorial. Another is the mod's just dont act on bad behavior. I know its not my place to comment but on other forums it's just not tolerated. members are not banned their ip# is.