Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lovewindows

resin
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:01:24 am »
wheres the best prices for resin ? Northwest based .
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

formb

Re: resin
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:49:32 pm »

lovewindows

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:37:01 pm »
Cheers Form b ;D

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 01:47:09 pm »
Hey Iain,

Not noticed you on here for a while, hows business?

Al

lovewindows

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 03:32:36 pm »
Hi Al,

Had a customer of yours asking me to undercut you, foreign woman Whittle brook way , i asked why she wanted to change ? she said just fancied a change, wanted it cheap as well. Just thought Nah.
 Doing tiling as well atm , and thinking about changing over to a trolley system , you got one i could have a look at ?, need some resin as well was going to get it from the guy in Bolton just thought i'd ask on here.
How you doing ?

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 04:49:32 pm »
Oh well at least she didn't question the quality of work!

You could try local aquatic suppliers, other than that I only know Moxhams as I order mine online.

We do have one of the Omnipole trolley's for occasional use (tops of atrium's, inner courtyards etc) but if your looking at switching over you will need one with interchangeable barrels.

Glad to see your keeping busy be it window cleaning or tiling. We are just gearing up for another big push and hopefully get another couple of vans on the road this year.

lovewindows

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:30:48 pm »
Not pushing the windows atm as the tiling pays well and it's warmer inside. How do you sign your vans Alister ? is it aquasome-it ?.
If you want to get rid of anything round West warrington let me know.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 11:40:17 pm »
Sorry Iain,

I don't sell work, but if your tiling takes off or you just can't handle being outside anymore  ;) let me know and I'll buy your work

mci services

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 11:52:40 pm »
how do you find the tiling, i tried it but couldnt make it work with the w/c you cant say to a customer i will be round next time its blowing a gale and pouring down. some of the work i quoted would have taken a fortnight and that would mean letting my round go to ruin. in the end i find w/c far more profitable

lovewindows

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 12:03:52 am »
Stu -You do whats most profitable to you. if i'm a couple of days late with the window cleaning my customers are ok , if i know there not i do them and delay the tiling. I'm not in a position where i'm working 24-7 so i can fit things in. If i was working 24-7 the windows would pay more .

mci services

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 12:14:11 am »
fair enough, it just wasnt for me i guess. i did my kitchen last week simple splash back and it took me way longer than it should. so if i was charging i would have been better of w/c, but hands up i never gave tiling a chance as far as building up speed etc. i just found it easier to concentrating on the w/c side and do what i can do well.

i did a great job on the tiling by the way it just took to long but all the best i hope it works out as there is a good satisfaction on that type of work and i enjoy it

lovewindows

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 12:24:37 am »
As with anything it takes time , my first bathroom worked out under £10 per hour my last £30 per hour. I now do Victorian which is £50 per hour but with extras from trade to retail i can make a lot more. ie adhesive £25 a bucket !, i pay £6 and discount on the tiles means the customer pays less overall. But it's all about how many customers you have , as Alister says NEVER sell your customers.