Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonathan Spencer

Trad Pole above Consveratory
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:59:48 am »
What length pole should I be looking at to do the windows above a conservatory?  Got a few custies who ask me when I am going to be able to do them.  Also what is the best type and technique?

jonnyald

Re: Trad Pole above Consveratory
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:17 am »
i use a 6m. pulex pole that is a 3 parter , 2 metres each section.  i got it online i think it was under £30 . 

for the most part i use only the first2 sections, i put a small ladder agenst the side of conservatory and pole the window above while standing on it. this makes the job Really easy

Use a wagtail flipper on my pole ,it works great

one thing i always look for when im ready to start is what the con roof is made of,some are made of thin glass so be careful not to bang your pole anywhere near it

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:20:37 am »
i use a 6m. pulex pole that is a 3 parter , 2 metres each section.  i got it online i think it was under £30 . 

for the most part i use only the first2 sections, i put a small ladder agenst the side of conservatory and pole the window above while standing on it. this makes the job Really easy

Use a wagtail flipper on my pole ,it works great

Will my Unger applicator and Squeege work with that?  What website was that?

jonnyald

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:28:53 am »
as long as your squeegee is a swivel  type it will work good. it MUST  be a swivel squeegee to do pole work . i believe i bought the pulex pole from  Allclean ,  i remember i bought it cos it was the very cheapest 6 metre pole . Allclean have a very big website

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:33:08 am »
as long as your squeegee is a swivel  type it will work good. it MUST  be a swivel squeegee to do pole work . i believe i bought the pulex pole from  Allclean ,  i remember i bought it cos it was the very cheapest 6 metre pole . Allclean have a very big website

Mine is not a swivel type so will not work.  Also they are not that price anymore.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »
ive got a 6 metre unger pole and use it on some windows above connys.no need for swivel.i do straight pulls with the squeegy then detail with microfibre in a clamp.JOB DONE! ;) ;) ;D ;D if its from the side of the conny i miss them out!should be able to do them to a good standard when i go wfp! ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!