Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

best wfp: collasped length
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:21:15 pm »
whats the best pole for just standard house height windows?

and

best one for shortest collapsed length

John Walker

Re: best wfp: collasped length
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:23:27 pm »
I use an slx 25ft - closed length just under 6ft with gooseneck fitted.

I also have a 4ft fixed length pole for ground floor but often do them with the slx to save changing over.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:12:52 pm »
dont you find john that a 25ft is a bit long for most run of the mill stuff?i was thinking of getting a 18 ft for most of my work and a 25ft for some larger ones and using my 30 ft unger for even higher ones!!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 06:00:27 pm »
daz,

i use an 18ft for everyday stuff and find it a pain to get a longer pole when you cant quite reach that window over the conny,

i'd go for a 25 or 30 ft.   no problems weight wise if going carbon.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 07:33:16 pm »
dont you find john that a 25ft is a bit long for most run of the mill stuff?i was thinking of getting a 18 ft for most of my work and a 25ft for some larger ones and using my 30 ft unger for even higher ones!!

regards

dazmond

With a pole that has removable sections (like the slx) you can remove some if you like, just use whatever sections you need. Personally, I use a 25ft slx with all sections on all the time, it's so light & well balanced. ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 07:36:09 pm »
I use the smax 44 with two sections off. That's around 35' of pole and I use that for everything.

cleewindows

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »
my hydra alloy brodex 25ft
harris diy 20ft
bungalow 2010 pole probably 3ft!
all great poles!

John Walker

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 08:11:17 pm »

regards

dazmond

Hi Dazmond

The extra reach of the 25ft has got me out of trouble on numerous occasions.  Rarely need the length vertically but the 'over the conservatory' type windows often need the full 25ft.

As others have mentioned, I could take sections off but it's light enough not to bother.   

I also quite often don't extend the top section and take it up inside the second - result - a very stiff 20ft pole that's still very light.  Ideal for first cleans where a bit more scrubbing power is needed.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning