Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Sebo Duo - Repairable ?
« on: November 27, 2009, 11:42:42 pm »
My sebo duo is making a cog grinding noise (the noise they make when you press on too hard) only now its almost constant, is this

repairable ? if so what do I need.

Many thanks

Paul

gary hall

Re: Sebo Duo - Repairable ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 12:20:02 am »
Hi Paul , yes this can be repaired, it is normally hair or fibre caught inside the machine., that can lead to a problem.
I have come across this before - it costs about 60 quid to repair which is cheaper than buying a new one !!!

Mine normally go every 18 months or so so the answer to your question is yes

Good luck

Gary

steve cardy

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 07:31:17 am »
Ive just had my two repaired with the same problem and had to have the bearings replaced as the pre spray washes away the grease that lubricates them.

richy27

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 08:50:50 am »
Mine did that few months after i had it. like posts before take out brushes and base plate and clean and lubricate. i noe clean mine on a reg basis but dont use that often cause have an envirodri

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 09:02:49 am »
On one of my power brushes I burnt out two motors  until we realised it was the bearing

ady

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 12:20:49 pm »
same happened yesterday clicking noise when pushed,but still working untill last job when only one brush moving and yep Ive done a belt  end clogged with strands . ive found my booklet and in the back theres a parts list made my list dont think it will be a cheap do, but it has never let me down in three years so its done very well ,and to be honest if I had looked after my duo better it wouldnt have broke down now , ady :)

Adam Fearnley

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 11:21:29 pm »
How long do most peoples duo's last when used as an agitator?  I know they're not meant for this, but how soon do parts start to fail from new would you say??

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 11:37:43 pm »
I'm on my 3rd duo in 6.5 years, although to be fair, the 2nd one is still in working condition and kept as a back up.
Last set of bearings cost about £60 fom Solutions
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire