Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Concrete bird poo
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:07:14 pm »
Had a huge dollop to clean off today thirty feet up. Took me half an hour to clean the one pane - soaked it first then came back, soaked it again then came back, soaked it yet again then came back, tried the brush stock on it and couldn't shift it, tried a bathroom vileada scouring pad and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. WFP is useless at times.
Might try to make up some kind of scraper ready for next time. If the weather had been better I'm sure I would have got an audience who would have cheered and clapped at the end.  ::)

Any tips?

daz1977

Re: Concrete bird poo
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:10:32 pm »
u should of just stuck your scraper on it and used that

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:11:55 pm »
buy reach a round from gardiners

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:12:47 pm »
Embarrassing innit ;D

You there wi' all your fancy equipment & can't get bird poo off!!!

It's even worse when there's a trad guy next door & he just whips up & job done!! ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 09:16:08 pm »
Embarrassing innit ;D

You there wi' all your fancy equipment & can't get bird poo off!!!

It's even worse when there's a trad guy next door & he just whips up & job done!! ;D ;D

Yeah  ;D.  Shout to trad bloke "Excuse me mate, couldn`t do us a favour could you...."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:22:17 pm »
A bit of gg3 in pure water and even on brush if bad, soak then scrub ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 09:30:26 pm »

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 09:36:43 pm »
I think I need one of those for this particular job but with a scraper instead of the pad. Maybe a plastic scraper that can't damage the glass?

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:51:27 pm »
why not a doodlebug?

I think I need one of those for this particular job but with a scraper instead of the pad. Maybe a plastic scraper that can't damage the glass?

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 09:53:39 pm »
 ???

cleewindows

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:01:45 pm »
why wouldnt you try the one from gardiners?
that is the doodlebug dave,the one that someone had put the picture up on the screen.

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 10:25:23 pm »
Oh right, 'cos it looks to be a scouring pad much the same as the one I was using.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 10:32:04 pm »
Anyway, it must be user error, are you new to this game Dave?

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 10:44:44 pm »
All the time I was scrubbing away I could see the little cctv camera zipping around in it's bulb higher up the building.
I bet the guy at the cctv centre was having a great laugh watching me scrubbing bird poo in the pouring rain.

it gave me an idea - I scrubbed the glass in front of the lense clean. I wonder how often they need cleaning? If they normally use a cherry picker I could undercut.  :)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 10:51:29 pm »
All the time I was scrubbing away I could see the little cctv camera zipping around in it's bulb higher up the building.
I bet the guy at the cctv centre was having a great laugh watching me scrubbing bird poo in the pouring rain.

it gave me an idea - I scrubbed the glass in front of the lense clean. I wonder how often they need cleaning? If they normally use a cherry picker I could undercut.  :)

;D ;D ;D

It could only happen to you young Davith ;) (Shhhhhh ;))

Night night :D

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 07:50:11 am »
 ;D I wasn't sure. It was the guild badge that threw me.

Anyway, this doodlebug thingy, I've had a look on Gardiners site and can't find it?

I think Jo made one some time ago with a longer bolt and an extra arm on the angle adapter. I really think I need something on this particular job 'cos it gets bombed by seagulls and pigeons.

Anyone who's got one or has made one show me some pics please - particularly a scraper attachment.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 10:15:20 am »
   I wasn't sure. It was the guild badge that threw me.

Best £20 I spent! ;)

Thought I'd "fess up" before you sussed me. was fun though! ;D

lcwalker

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 12:16:44 pm »
I did a first clean on thursday and the window sills were the worst i have ever seen im trade but there was no way on earth a wfp would have properly cleaned these sills.
Dont get me wrong im not one of these that belive trade is better than wfp as id love to have a wfp set up but i do belive there are some jobs the ladder has to come out.

formb

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 12:26:04 pm »
I did a first clean on thursday and the window sills were the worst i have ever seen im trade but there was no way on earth a wfp would have properly cleaned these sills.
Dont get me wrong im not one of these that belive trade is better than wfp as id love to have a wfp set up but i do belive there are some jobs the ladder has to come out.

Very true but.....

Had a job on thusday, dorma window above a flat roof, up I go only for the wind to catch the ladder and blow it straight onto my customer's neighbour's car.

New wing and bonnet.

I was a trad cleaner for 7 years this sort of thing never happened to me then.

I hate ladders.