Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

help required

replace or
50%
4 (50%)
repair or modify
50%
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Aztec Services

ashbys ninja vac motors
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:04:54 pm »
I have a ashbys ninja machine witha 400psi pump,1 standard 3 stage  & 1 heavy duty 3 stage lamb vac motors mounted in series the machine was working well when i purchased it in 2004 and had 2 standard 3 stage lamb vac motors mounted in series which worked well in august until august 2008 when i had the 400 psi fitted together with the a new standard 3 stage motor and a new heavy duty 3 stage mounted in series in february 2009 the heavy duty 3 stage motor failed a new heavy duty was fitted which also failed in february 2010 the stand motor is still working well none of the motors show any sign of water getting into them. has anyone had this problem any suggestions or advice on this be would appreciated

markpowell

Re: ashbys ninja vac motors
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »
its ya brushes

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:26:00 pm »
You want to try and avoid the mixing of vac motors. Ashbys have played around with all combinations of motor setups. At one time they fitted 2HD Lamb motors to their machines :o this melted plugs and regularly tripped customers electric.

To avoid this problem, they then opted for a HD with a standard motor combination, the HD being the last in-stage (exhaust) and the standard first (fitted to tank - induction).
The problem with this setup is that the HD motor is doing most of the work driving the standard motor up to speed when the machine is under load, this rapidly wears the motor out.

I would avoid Lamb Amtec motors,  I have found them to be poor quality. Despite what people say, go for the two Italian motors ashbys stock.
I run my machines for 6-10 hrs daily and these motors just don’t give in. I was getting on average 8 months to 1yr out of Lambs then decided to give the Italian motors a shot. They were fitted in February 2007 and let go on me in January 2010 - That’s over 7680 hrs use!! (3 brush changes along the way).

The Italian motors are 1 - cheaper, 2 - more reliable and 3 - a blind man could fit the brushes, they just unclip.
A no brainer really.

Regards
Pete   

james roffey

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:58:23 am »
I have the Ninja, but no mechanical experience i wish i could carry out some routine service on the machine as Ashbys are so expensive i took a look inside but thought better of it, when it was at Ashbys i asked to see them working on it but they would not let me, i would like to see a vac motor or brushes fitted. ;)

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:35:46 am »
Prob because they didn`t want you to see how flipping easy it is !!  ;D
Easy fix,have a go yourself,and if it goes wrong take it in for them to fix.
Prob spent longer with my prochem machine,flipped up than i do using it to clean.
What goes around comes around

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 10:04:07 pm »
James, you could always try and find an independent electrical/mechanical engineer who is local to you.
The Ninja is a fairly straight forward machine to work on, but I have the benefit of getting mine serviced by a guy I've known for years,
he will check it right through, replace bits as required and pat test. It also helps that I have 2 machines, so no down time whilst the work is being done.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Aztec Services

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 11:53:40 pm »
You want to try and avoid the mixing of vac motors. Ashbys have played around with all combinations of motor setups. At one time they fitted 2HD Lamb motors to their machines :o this melted plugs and regularly tripped customers electric.

To avoid this problem, they then opted for a HD with a standard motor combination, the HD being the last in-stage (exhaust) and the standard first (fitted to tank - induction).
The problem with this setup is that the HD motor is doing most of the work driving the standard motor up to speed when the machine is under load, this rapidly wears the motor out.

I would avoid Lamb Amtec motors,  I have found them to be poor quality. Despite what people say, go for the two Italian motors ashbys stock.
I run my machines for 6-10 hrs daily and these motors just don’t give in. I was getting on average 8 months to 1yr out of Lambs then decided to give the Italian motors a shot. They were fitted in February 2007 and let go on me in January 2010 - That’s over 7680 hrs use!! (3 brush changes along the way).

The Italian motors are 1 - cheaper, 2 - more reliable and 3 - a blind man could fit the brushes, they just unclip.
A no brainer really.

Regards
Pete   

Aztec Services

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 11:56:00 pm »

A no brainer really.

Regards
Pete   

Aztec Services

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 11:03:08 pm »
I would like to thank Peter Blackburn for his advice regarding ashbys vac motors,i have contacted ashbys who have said the italian motors they supply are heavy duty and 2 hd motors cannot be used with  the 400 psi pump can anyone think of a way round this problem also does anyone how much power the 400 psi pump uses

many thanks Paul Astec Services

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 12:13:30 am »
Your welcome  ;)

In that case, go for two standard Lamb motors. They will be fine and pull strong upto 75ft.

When your 400psi induction pump packs up in time up don’t replace it for the same unit. Induction motors are overpriced, overhyped, unreliable and the PSI deteriorates quickly over a short space of time. Give it 8 months and you will be working with a dribble.
Use the bog standard 135psi diaphragm Shurflo pumps. There cheap to buy, self priming, put out a strong reliable PSI and last about 3 times longer than induction pumps. Couple this with two Italian motors and you will have a unit that will last and be reliable.

Regards
Pete   

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 07:57:39 am »
Peter

On what have you based your comments on induction pumps?

Seems strange, as the 3 vac portys use induction pumps ie Scorpion, and yet to find anyone complain.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 03:44:42 pm »
My 400 psi Ninja is running strong at 400 psi, two and a half years old, original pump.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 04:01:06 pm »
Mine still going strong 4years it's how you look after things

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 04:40:17 pm »
Good to hear those last 2 comments mines just passed it's 9 month birthday.
So far no problems.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 06:34:40 pm »
Joe, Phillip, Tony, John

Just my experience with them. Although I was using a much smaller induction pump than the 400psi one. The induction pumps I have used in the past put out a good pressure when new but would always deteriorate to a mild spray within the space of a year. I use in-tank detergents by the way. I would also have the issue of turning on the pump and nothing happening other than a strange buzzing sound, only to switch it off and on again and find it would kick into life and work.
The brush driven 135psi diaphragm pumps I use from Shurflo seem to give the same pressure throughout the life of the pump and just pack up completely at the end its life.

I could be wrong, just my findings, I could have had 5 dodgy induction motors sent to me.

Regards
Pete

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 07:49:26 pm »
Sound like you are doing more work with your Ninja Pete.

Shaun

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 10:41:24 pm »
Love my little Ninja Shaun, only had two now. I keep my business simple, i'm tight as nails when it comes to spending, but work what little equipment have to the max. :)

Regards
Pete