Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

tax return
« on: April 03, 2010, 09:04:18 pm »
Okay, so this is the first time i have had to do one.

Will the HMRC send me a form through the post??

Is it worth using an accountant, as i use the 'finance report' feature on George.

Also, my profits [since i started in august 09] is only about £4000  :o   does anyone think i'll get a tax rebate  ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: tax return
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:08:51 pm »
Okay, so this is the first time i have had to do one.

Will the HMRC send me a form through the post??

Is it worth using an accountant, as i use the 'finance report' feature on George.

Also, my profits [since i started in august 09] is only about £4000  :o   does anyone think i'll get a tax rebate  ;D

You may well get a tax rebate if you paid tax between 06 april & august '09.

I got one when I went from being employed to self employed in the same tax year. ;)

TC1

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:09:57 pm »
I'm sure you will be better to get an accountant as they make sure you pay the least amount of tax as poss, and they know just how to do that. Went to see mine last week and looks like I'm gonna get a rebate, you need to maksure your set up costs exceed your profits!

Tony

BORBRYCE

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:23:27 pm »
I am assuming your turnover is under £16.500 for your first year. No need whatsoever for any accountant at this stage.
HMRC will shortly send you a return form. You only need to be concerned with the orange sheets (everything is colour coded) for self employed.
It's all very very simple. You fill in, in the appropriate box your expenditure, and you fill in, in the next appropriate box your takings. You then subtract the expenditure from the takings to find your yearly profit and this goes into box three. Capitol allowance is a bit different but the forms clearly guide you through this part. Sign and date it and then send it off. HMRC will then tell you how much if anything you owe, normally to be paid before January 31 st of the following year.
The longer you stay in self employment the more slightly complicated it becomes but for now in your first year.....it really is simple. The system is designed to help you and to make life easier in your opening years.

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 09:27:58 pm »
how will it work for me?spent about 6k to get everything up and running,i work full time aswell earning approx 25k,will i still get a nice fat rebate?? ;D

BORBRYCE

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:52 pm »
Cleese..... you would be better with an accountant. ;)

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 09:44:13 pm »
cheers folks.

Guess i'll wait for the form to arrive, see how complicated it is. If it looks easy enough, i'll do it myself  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 11:16:54 pm »
much easier to do them online
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 07:59:39 am »
as long as you know how to do your accounts yourself you will be ok i have done my last 2 returns online an if i am stuck i just phone the help line simples