Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken

Shurflo Backpack Pump
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:43:41 am »
I've got a Shurflo backpack which I've had for about 3 years. I have bypassed the pcb and just have a simple on/off switch at the top of the backpack. Whilst this is much more convenient it does mean the pump runs at setting 4 by default. This last week or two the pump has been sounding a little less healthy, and I have noticed that the flow rate seems to be a little erratic, to the point of it just trickling from the brush. Is the pump on the way out and should be replaced? Or is it simply some new seals or something that will make it all shiny and new?

Would rather not fork out £80 for a pump but will have to obviously if that's what it needs...

(Note: the battery is less than a year old, and is regularly charged, and the backpack gets light to medium levels of use...)

BORBRYCE

Re: Shurflo Backpack Pump
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:21:54 am »
Your pump is on the way out mate. Good news is a few suppliers an ebay have those small pumps for £20/30.
Type in small water pumps 80 psi and a few will appear. I myself have bought 2 in the past.

Wizard

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:15:48 am »
Avoid buying from Gale force marine on e bay as there pumps leak.

Ken

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:27:33 pm »
Ok, there's not much on ebay at the mo. I have found this http://tinyurl.com/ykrcu9g but not sure it will fit in the backpack...
Thoughts?

BORBRYCE

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:44:36 pm »
Yes, those are the pumps. The inlet and outlets may be different but nothing someone with a little common sense cant overcome.
Extend to wash do them as well on ebay, much the same thing.

Ken

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:06:23 pm »
Ok doke then!

paul saunders

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »
Ok, there's not much on ebay at the mo. I have found this http://tinyurl.com/ykrcu9g but not sure it will fit in the backpack...
Thoughts?

Cracking little pump, just fitted one myself "in my van" not sure if it will fit in a backpack.
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.