Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

Method statement
« on: February 13, 2010, 06:11:00 pm »
Anyone got a method statement for new build cleaning please wouls you forward to me thanks jasongreen4@blueyonder.co.uk
Spit and polish

Small but perfectley formed

Re: Method statement
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:23:04 am »
Thanks i have already looked at these need one for construction site
Spit and polish

Phild

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 05:54:43 pm »
This is from our blog: www.newlifecleaning.com/blog  I hope it sorts your problem.

THE METHOD STATEMENT 10 POINT RULE

Or how to make your life easier and your operative’s safer

The first time you’re asked to produce a Method Statement on the work you are doing you probably took a double take. What’s a Method Statement? What’s it for? Does it have to be complex? Am I giving commercial secrets away? How do I do one?

All a Method Statement does is enable you to help your staff and the main contractor understand and manage the extent of the risks involved in the work you are about to do so that you can ensure the resources necessary to do it safely are to hand and that everyone knows what to do in an emergency situation.

This enables both you and the main contractor to comply with Health and Safety and CDM regulations but more importantly it helps you both run a safer site by ensuring everyone is aware of areas of risk where accidents, if they are going to happen, will happen.

The Ten Point Rule was a simple ‘memory jogger’ that one of our clients, Bovis Lend Lease used with their staff on their BBC Headquarters site at Pacific Quays in Glasgow. I have found that whenever a Method Statement has to be produced this is an excellent tool to ensure I have captured all the relevant information so I can get it right first time. There are no second chances with Health and Safety!

Rule 1. Company, package, title, revision number & date
Rule 2. Description of the works to include

* Time
* Duration
* Sequence
Rule 3. Resources required

* Personnel
* Supervision
* Plant & equipment
* Materials

Rule 4. Assessment of significant risks for all tasks, including

* Access / egress
* Place of work
* Others at risk (i.e. the public)
* COSHH, noise, manual handling etc

Rule 5. Control measures to be used, including

* Permits
* Security
* Special training

Rule 6. Personal protective equipment requirements
Rule 7. Emergency arrangements, including

* Rescue
* Special First Aid

Rule 8. Temporary amended systems

* Fire / security systems / access

Rule 9. To whom the information has / will be submitted, including

* Checking, review and update provision
* Change requirements
* Confirmation of Operatives briefing

Rule 10. Monitoring and compliance

Please feel free to copy or pass this safety article on to anyone who could find it useful.

Update: We have now uploaded a wide selection of sample cleaning method statements to our site to download for FREE. Documents are blank formatted so they can be easily tailored to your company and circumstances and are available as pdf or Word document download.

Hope these help.

Phil D

Pristine Clean

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:51 am »
Hi Phil

That was extremely nice of you. As ever being as helpful as possible. Its nice to see this forum has a few people here that share their wealth of knowledge.

I even copy that one.

Cheers

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Phild

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 08:09:35 pm »
Your comment is appreciated and makes it worthwhile. Thanks.