Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nat1

Domestic Cleans
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:19:25 pm »
Hi Guys

Was just wondering if you charge alot more for fortnightly cleans than weekly one's?

Thanxs all

Nat :)

Joe H

Re: Dosmestic Cleans
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 04:50:51 pm »
Stopped doing fortnightly cleans a few years ago.
Customer always said that they dont mind doing it every 2 weeks, it soon lapsed, so we were basically going in to do 2 weeks clean.
If you want to do it, then yes, charge more.

dianegreenwood

Re: Domestic Cleans
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:36:20 pm »
Hi Nat

We don't charge a higher hourly rate, but I always add at least an hour to the booking if its fortnightly.

So for instance if I estimate 3 hours per week, it will be at least 4 hours per fortnight. 

Hope that helps

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 02:02:26 am »
Hi Nat

We don't charge a higher hourly rate, but I always add at least an hour to the booking if its fortnightly.

So for instance if I estimate 3 hours per week, it will be at least 4 hours per fortnight. 

Hope that helps

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

this ^^^ cleaning once a month is obviously going to take more time. the customer will save in the end as you'll be there less, so uping your prices shouldn't be an issue. things like limescale if cleaned weekly is usually extremely quick to clean, requiring just a light product to remove the weeks build up, but after a month it's had a fiarly long time to get established and can require harsher chemicals and more time to remove. same for mould, grease etc. i also find that there is some jobs for weeklys that don't need it done weekly, e.g. removing cobwebs, so you can split the jobs around each week, but monthly there is no time for this and you have to do it all that clean.

nat1

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:29:35 am »
Many thanks for all your replys  :)  Im charging at present 12.50 per hour, I price up per job, but this is what i base myself on, seem to be fine with the 2-2.5 hour jobs but when you hit the 3-4hrs people are cutting back on things to reduce the cost, I have 1 staff member but i am looking to take more on asap so this seems a fair price to me, taking into account all the things that come with taking on staff.  I also provide all materials and my customers are based in affluent areas.

Cheers guys

suffolkclean

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:00:58 am »
We used to provide domestic cleaning & quoted an hourly rate, after 12 months of not providing it due to various reasons took one on & charged a set rate = total figure. I think this is the way to go if you provide this service, even in affluent areas people don't want to pay much for regular domestic cleaning they want to pay peanuts not doing any cleaning between visits cos they have a cleaner.
Give your customer a set price listing areas you're cleaning.