Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott.71

Training required
« on: June 16, 2005, 10:44:46 pm »
Hello to everyone,

I am new to the site and the carpet cleaning business and would be grateful of some advice. I have purchased a twin vac 300psi HWE machine with hand tools etc and a van, apart from cleaning the carpets at home and a few in offices years ago I have no other experience in carpet cleaning. I am going to book my self on the NCCA course for initial training on 29 July, is this the best place for me to start the training? What are the best chemicals/solutions for a newcomer to use? And finally are there any established operators (Scotland) that would consider taking me along on a few jobs, (no pay required) as a way of gaining some practical experience whilst I wait for the NCCA course?

Thanks
Scott.

scott.71

Re: Training required
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 11:23:00 am »
Can anyone offer a newcomer some advice on the above please

Scott.

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 04:11:36 pm »
Hi scot

at the moment it is not possible to view your profile. People are a bit funny on here about offering advice to "unknown members"
Perhaps you should post a little about yourself and where you are and possibly a email address so they could contact you.

Cheers Goron

dave401uk

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 04:40:31 pm »
The NCCA ourse is the best way forward, there training is inmo the best, as for the chemical side of things, i would ring Solution uk on 08458382156, speak to nick, he dosnt bite, and will advise you, good luck with your venture, and if i can help/advise, feel free to ask.

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

scott.71

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 04:46:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply Goron

I have changed my profile to show my email address and locaction, if it cant be seen I live in Aberdeen and my email s.inglis1@btinternet .com

Scott.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 07:08:36 pm »
Scott,
Try this site ( http://www.ukcarpetcleaning.co.uk ) and see if a CC is based near you. You could make contact for advice or on job training etc.
They may not be on the forum but may get through quicker.

Good luck. ;D

Julie Roberts

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 01:14:59 pm »
Hi Scott,

Give Sandy Pearson a call at Cleaning Systems UK (Cupar) tel: 01334-656787,
the team there are a wealth of knowledge and they also stock a wide range of carpet cleaning products and equipment, they also offer training on all aspects of cleaning from stone to carpets. It also helps that they are in Scotland!
Cheers

Steve Conway@MCE Cleaning Equipment
015242-42444

scott.71

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 04:26:49 pm »
The help and advice you all gave, was both helpful and appreciated.

The links and contact numbers were very useful, managed to arrange a couple of tester packs (chemicals) from some suppliers, I contacted a few CC and have been offered the chance to tag along on a few jobs next week.
Great Result

Cheers
Scott.

jsm

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 08:27:03 pm »
Hi Scott , like you just got my new Ninja and done a prochem course so just starting out CCing  , can you give us some contacts that gave you some free stuff please - always good to try some new chemicals etc

thanks
johnmalone

email: johnmalone25@hotmail.com

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

therapist

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 09:22:05 pm »
Regret to inform you that Sandy at UK cleaning solutions had a stroke a few months ago.

Spoke to his wife recently and, while, he's improving, there's a long road ahead

Don't like to say this, but the young lad who does the trainin g isn't a patch  on on Sandy.

R M

scott.71

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 10:37:13 pm »
John
The samples I got were from a local supplier, and another company gave me some as a one off as I was purchasing other equipment from them, I would still ask anyone that I contact about chemical if they have a tester or trail pack to try, the worst they can say is no. Good luck

Therapist
Cheers for the updated info

Scott.