Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stephen s

DOES HE CLEAN THE FRAMES ?
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:33:55 am »
was out working last Saturday cleani9ng one of those before and after houses,  the ones on a main road where all the dust and grime from lorries make the windows really dirty but looks new when its cleaned.

anyway as I'm cleaning the front of the house a car pulls up and man and woman give it the usual speel of your doing a great job there,    thanks I said and do you have a window cleaner yourself ?

yes we do,   does he clean the frames like this ?  NO   then your not getting the best possible service are you I replied,

we chatted for a couple of minutes befor they made their excuses and drove off,

got a call last night from them asking if I could come and quote for them as they asked their present w/c and he refused to clean frames unles they paid an extra £10 per clean.

I poped round there last night and quoted £20 for windows and frames which they axxepted immediately and told me the other w/c was charging £18 for just the glass.

its amazing how just a little phrase of  then your not getting the best possible service  can trigger something in a customers brain     and when you tell them that part of the service is to call each customer the night before  they love it

ccmids

Re: DOES HE CLEAN THE FRAMES ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:43:39 am »
i will remeber that one thanks. well done :)

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:19:17 am »
was out working last Saturday cleani9ng one of those before and after houses,  the ones on a main road where all the dust and grime from lorries make the windows really dirty but looks new when its cleaned.

anyway as I'm cleaning the front of the house a car pulls up and man and woman give it the usual speel of your doing a great job there,    thanks I said and do you have a window cleaner yourself ?

yes we do,   does he clean the frames like this ?  NO   then your not getting the best possible service are you I replied,

we chatted for a couple of minutes befor they made their excuses and drove off,

got a call last night from them asking if I could come and quote for them as they asked their present w/c and he refused to clean frames unles they paid an extra £10 per clean.

I poped round there last night and quoted £20 for windows and frames which they axxepted immediately and told me the other w/c was charging £18 for just the glass.

its amazing how just a little phrase of  then your noty getting the best possible service  can trigger something in a customers brain     and when you tell them that part of the service is to call each customer the night before  they love it
When you are full up with work are you going to call every customer still? if so are you going to employ someone to do it as it takes ages
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

stephen s

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:56:56 am »
prob employ someone but yes even with a full order book each and every customer gets a call,  thats why I never need to go collecting as the payment is left for me because they know I am coming.

williamx

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 11:09:35 am »
if you get your customers mobile number instead of their landline number, you can send 1 text message which is forwarded to all the customers you want to send to in one action.

this stops you making numerious phone calls which can take time.

chopsie

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:13:13 am »
prob employ someone but yes even with a full order book each and every customer gets a call,  thats why I never need to go collecting as the payment is left for me because they know I am coming.
sounds good to me,collecting is driving me crazy,never seem to catch them in  >:(
chopsie

Jack Wallace

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 11:27:22 am »
if you get your customers mobile number instead of their landline number, you can send 1 text message which is forwarded to all the customers you want to send to in one action.

this stops you making numerious phone calls which can take time.
Is there any software available to do this?

williamx

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »
If you have an up to date phone, when you write a text message you have the option to send the message to some or all of your contacts, you just tick the person or persons you want the message to go to, it's the same method you can use, when sending emails.

Steve CM

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 03:08:30 pm »
you can also send texts to landlines don't forget ;)

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 03:24:09 pm »
The need to phone before you go has grown from an occasional thing I did for a few customers to a practically universal thing thes days.

Many of the customers I do now would not be possible to service any other way.

LSB

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 03:49:35 pm »
i dont phone / text anyone , if i cant get to the back , then i just do the front !
as a trad w/c i also charge more for frames . i always wipe the cills and door though !

jonnyald

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 04:32:07 pm »
i cant imagine ringing 15-20 folk each night, then it rains in the morning hard and i spose you lot are ringing them again the following evening .     no no no , once ive chucked my squeegee in the bucket at the end of my workday,im Off Duty till the moment i pick it up in the morning.  ;D