Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ta-ra

Print and keeping worklists?
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:12:06 pm »
Do you keep your printed worklists after a week's work?  Or throw them away.  Do the inland revenue want to see them as evidence of your work at some point?

Smudger

Re: Print and keeping worklists?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:14:55 pm »
I keep mine for 3 months in case there is a query on payment or change to the clean etc..

as for the tax man......

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:18:16 pm »
I keep mine too.

I print it off the night before, mark confirmations, highlight when done, put the amount and method paid and write any notes or alterations on there. Then they go into a box file for my records.

As for the tax man I'm not sure...
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Ta-ra

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 08:22:56 pm »
Burn them then?  Is there a requirement in law to keep them for six years?

Ta-ra

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:23:46 pm »
I mean, it's only a list of what you intend to do, and in some respects this gets done, but it's not set in stone.  You might do other things along the way.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 08:27:42 pm »
I use george, so technically my work lists are all on there. I update it each day, so if the taxman wanted to have records, its there to see.

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

R W C™

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 08:28:24 pm »
Why would you need to keep them, havent any of you got george or wcp.

Ta-ra

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »
I have about six years worth of George-printed worklists, and they only take up space
, so it's the incincerator for them, I think.

martinsadie

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:42:41 pm »
Do you keep your printed worklists after a week's work?  Or throw them away.  Do the inland revenue want to see them as evidence of your work at some point?
shred mine  ;D

ccmids

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:13:50 pm »
eat mine :D

Ta-ra

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:18:55 pm »
Eat, poo, shred, burn and eat once more before poo then shred and burn and spread on roses.

ccmids

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:20:43 pm »
 ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 09:31:41 pm »
I keep mine for years, i refer back to them if there is a dispute

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 10:38:31 pm »
why do you need to print worksheets?ive only been using george for a few months but what i do is

look at what work is due the night before,next day i work through it the best i can.

end of working day tick off on george what work i did and who paid and that days date if ive rescheduled due to weather etc.

end of week print up a debt list for collecting and finance report for that week.simple!

i think this works very well for me as a one man band as it saves keep printing worksheets out.i know who pays me and what work i do throughout the day as long as i update as soon as i get home.george does the rest!

keep it simple! ;)

george is really easy to use once youve inputted all your custys and price/frequency

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

andyjm1

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 11:04:06 pm »
Why print worksheets?

So you have all the info you need for your days work, address, name, price, notes ect.

Ta-ra

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 11:21:05 pm »
Are you saying print them?  Or don't print them?  How do you know what it is to do each day?

???

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 11:26:40 pm »
i already know them andy!price/whats due/if they owe 2 weeks/address/etc.i just wait til i get home to sort what ive cleaned/whos paid now,rather than mess around with worksheets!works well for me! ;)

if its a commercial job i print out invoice the night before ready for the next day.

regards

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 11:31:36 pm »
i have 315 domestics and 5 commercial.i usually work through my round A-Z so i know my round very well anyway!nearly all of them 4 weekly.some 6 weekly/8 weekly i rejig for certain days when its near other work im doing that week.some of my work is very compact.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 12:08:08 am »

I print mine off the spreadsheet at the end of each year and keep them for at least the required 7 years (6 years + the one currently being worked).  In reality, I tend to keep them for a decade.  I've just scrapped anything that doesn't belong in this century and have a big box of stuff to be shredded.