Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TC1

Gutter Vac
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
I am looking to buy a gutter vac.

A question for those that have them or have used them, whats the best bearing in mind cost V performance?

Also can anyone throw any light on the DIY versions i.e cost & ease to put together?

Thanks in advance

Tony

cleewindows

Re: Gutter Vac
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:59:09 pm »
3x1000 w wet n dry vac £280 delivered with 15 metres of hose.80 litres capacity.
attachments and tools from polarbrite approx £100
attached to a pole,more than powerfull enough for only £380,all attaches to a water fed pole!

TC1

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:12:42 pm »
3x1000 w wet n dry vac £280 delivered with 15 metres of hose.80 litres capacity.
attached to a pole,more than powerfull enough for only £380,all attaches to a water fed pole!

Thanks for that  ;), I just found this one on ebay and presumed this is the one you were refering to!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VACUUM-CLEANER-WET-DRY-3000W-TRIPLE-MOTOR-80LTR_W0QQitemZ150406148148QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?var=&hash=item68c63bec35Tony

wezzy32

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 09:40:35 pm »
dont 4 get the geni to run it aswell
keep on smiling

amberini

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:00:23 pm »
unless you are working on commercial then a generator is not an needed, as domestic clients have no prob with you using thier leccy & i assure you it is extremely unlikely to trip the board...  having said that i have been using gennies for about 2 years i have even sold them on here lately along with used gutter vacs, and even now when doing commercial it is easier and cheaper to hire a gennie for the duration of the job?

it completely defeats the object of buying a gennie and then going out and buying a DIY vac? 

workout what type of clients you will be servicing then decide on the tools needed... domestic you will get away with DIY (just) although i have tried this equipment and no way is it up to scratch but hey you decide on the quality of service you provide?

i have 2 omni-vacs at present and i do have issues with them but they are far superior to anything else out there FACT.

i also use transformers with both of these when doing domestic, also if commercial is your intended target be wary of obtaining high earning tickets?  why? because over the last 18 months we have had to lower our rates dramatically as companies are not stupid and realise they wont pay a £1000 for this work when they can pay £1500 and buy the kit themselves.

in my view domestic although much less profit is much easier and much more work available?

hope this is of help and it is in no way intended to put down DIY users,  i just feel there are better options?

let me know if i can help in any other way

cleewindows

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:18:06 pm »

thats the one mate and on another board people say how good they are and how omnipole is just overpriced and not much good,it doesnt look diy it looks great!

Thanks for that  ;), I just found this one on ebay and presumed this is the one you were refering to!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VACUUM-CLEANER-WET-DRY-3000W-TRIPLE-MOTOR-80LTR_W0QQitemZ150406148148QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?var=&hash=item68c63bec35Tony