Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: 8 Weekly Cleans
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 12:22:59 am »
i will not do 8 weeks clean as you dont get any extra and you can not mke a living out of it ask them to eat every 8 weeks because thats what they are saying
You can get extra, and I make a living from it so it can be done, we offer 4,8,12 weekly and one off cleans  all I am happy with the payments each costing from from 4 upwards, changing the same for a 4 weekly and 8 weekly is clearly madness is it takes more time, it involves more work and you would need to customers to fill the same spot as a 4 weekly so cost you more in fuel ect, (point made) ;)

Charge more for 8 weekly  ;D or lose money  :-*

i find 4 and weekly take the same time on maintenance cleans

i charge 50% more on 12 weekly though
you robber :D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 07:39:26 pm »
I add between 25 and 50% for 8 wky service - depends on the property and how close other cleans are.

i will say that since i now do WFP on most things 4 wky is a very short amount of time, if i could restart i would do a 6 week cycle as i think that would give the best price for both me and custy

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mattflashmatt

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 08:41:24 pm »
I Charge the same. What I do is make shore that if I have let's say  two 8 weekly cleans on a monday, ill do one of the cleans one month and the following month ill do the other. The reason for this is so that then I don't have to much work every 8 weeks and not as much ever 4 weeks. And I just moove my 8 week cleans around as I pick them up

Mike #1

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 07:37:27 am »
just been asked to clean one custy on an 8wk basis i wil charge them £3.00 extra as custy is a pain at times and instead of ringing me to discuss this matter she sent me a letter asking for 8 wk clean , also she owns a dance studio i clean and when asked to do the insides which had not been done in 2yrs she said just do them when cleaner is there on a arranged day and time and invoice was not to botherd about the cost , so after i put the invoice i got a letter saying she was not happy about the price saying she would discuss this matter next time she saw me NO BLOODY PAYMENT THOUGH  did'nt get that for 4 wks

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 08:30:34 am »
I don't see a problem with 8 weeks or even 12 weeks. Its the way forward IMO. The windows aren't any harder to clean and its still regular income. You are more or less guaranteed a happy customer for life. Also, you don't get bored having to keep going back there. Some customers I feel I'm never away.

There is a subtle implication in this that hasn't been picked up on by anyone else. If they only want 8 weeks or 12 weeks the chances are they are a bit more easygoing about their windows and not likely to be over critical.

I charge the same price for any frequency

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 08:30:56 am »
I offer 6 weekly anyway to start with.
Larger domestic jobs (£40+) I wll do 12 weekly if they ask (I don't suggest it though).  However, I make it clear that 6 weeks may mean 6 - 8 weeks if I struggle to get around such as in a freeze-up or if I'm on holiday etc.
If they want it less frequently than 12 weeks, I normally decline.  However, if it's a large, lucrative job, then I do think of it as a not too bad first clean each time and price accordingly.  16 weekly or less and it's probably going to cost them 50% more per clean.  If the 16+ weeks has been caused by something that isn't down to them (e.g. a 12 weekly where I've been slow getting round) then naturally I don't charge the extra.

Mike #1

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 12:37:19 pm »
custy mentioned above has nightmarish windows in  warmer months 2 large windows which are covered in snail trails everytime i go takes me twice as long and i mean covered

dai

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 05:55:08 pm »
I charge 50% extra, I earn it too in the summer and autum with those that have conservatories near trees.