Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Washers

What size A Ladder
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:15:43 pm »
Hi Guys.
Thinking of getting a single A Frame Ladder but wondered what length to get.

Have some victorian houses and country houses with high bay windows and also windows below a low eaves where my 3.5m double extension standard ladders will not fit under the eaves and if propped against the gutter or above the bay I am the too far away from the window.

Thinking of eaither a 2.4m or 3m. As the 2.4m may not get me to the eaves windows, as the ladders narrow towards the top, I am swayed towards the 3m.

I would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions and or experiences.

Cheers.

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: What size A Ladder
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:19:13 pm »
used a single 8ft A for years a grrrrrr8 lil ladder jus the job on bays
replaced it now wiv a 8ft extending A
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

wizard

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:27:54 pm »
What I found most helpfull was a cobonation ladder The little giant it is versotile and can do more with it like clean connys very stable bus a little heavy. I bought a copy on e bay for &2 quid its muti use.I will oals never own a double because a triple will do more and will go heigher so I can do gutters aswell.Myne is 29.metres but can reach 6.75 metres as well as v open over gates and can seperate into 3 ladders of 2.9 if need be  Two optionans to do anything and the do not extend over my van.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 10:54:41 pm »
i use a 8foot single A ladder.comes in very handy on big domestics at times! ;) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!