Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

dirty dirty dirty bar stewards
« on: January 28, 2010, 05:57:18 pm »
went to clean first houses today and at the back of the houses there is a small mostly unused lane for access got so far up stood in a big pile of dog muck and pulled trolley thourgh it one tyre was covered in it,   Had to turn round and pack up drive 6 mile round trip to home and back in order to clean up and change footwear ,  why cant people pick it up it has happened 3 times now , and unfortunately i am at the point where i am going to let custys know that i wont be cleaning windys anymore it is not there fault at all its other people to blame but i cannot afford to mess on

Ta-ra

Re: dirty dirty dirty bar stewards
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:05:50 pm »
It is truly disgusting how some people choose to live, and we've all been there.  Had it on my gloves, trousers, hose, boots. 

Don't give up.

Where you know there's a dog, walk on the lawn in a straight line until you meet the first turd.  STOP there and go back, that will give you the length of hose to work with and avoid the poo.

Watch out for cat excreta, as they do it in less obvious places, dogs just dump their guts where they fancy.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:14:27 pm »
this is one of my concerns about switching to wfp.i very rarely stand in muck trad window cleaning as i usually keep my eyes peeled on certain custys houses!but if i do i get their outside tap/hosepipe and give boots a good clean.was it really neccessary do go all the way home? ::) ::)

i bet its worse if u get it on your hands!i never have in 16 years of trad cleaning but i could imagine doing it every week with wfp dragging all that hose about! ::) ::)
price higher/work harder!

Ta-ra

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:16:25 pm »
It's ok, you develop a nose for the stuff.

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:27 pm »
its not on custy land none of them have dogs beyond there garden a small access lane there is always loads of leaves on ground so its camouflaged virtually its like a mine field at times

jonnyald

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 07:25:42 pm »
might pay to wear latex gloves and boot covers at that house in future  .

i once got some on my shoe and my car reeked of it for days after  .i ended up scrubbing my car out and wearing different shoes but could still smell it !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 07:32:05 pm »
went to clean first houses today and at the back of the houses there is a small mostly unused lane for access got so far up stood in a big pile of dog muck and pulled trolley thourgh it one tyre was covered in it,   Had to turn round and pack up drive 6 mile round trip to home and back in order to clean up and change footwear ,  why cant people pick it up it has happened 3 times now , and unfortunately i am at the point where i am going to let custys know that i wont be cleaning windys anymore it is not there fault at all its other people to blame but i cannot afford to mess on

Not being funny but I think you've over-reacted pro - why not use the wfp to clean the tyre and boots? I always take an old rag or two to mop up (which I leave where the dogs muck was!) - better than driving 6 miles too.
It's a game of three halves!

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 07:41:09 pm »
Without stating the obvious, why did you not use the tools you had with you to clean it off ? I have this a few times a month and use hose to wash it off, sod going home....
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:56 pm »
used it to clean tyre but not boots i agree maybe  i should have a old cloth to save a trip but i should'nt have to be cleaning up because some else is pure lazy i have a dog and always clean up when she is taken out for a walk , it seems some areas where  i work and live people are getting worse at picking up, , what is wrong with people ,  if it was in custys garden i normally refuse to work where their is dog muck why should this be any different really , it seems at times window cleaners are just expected to put up with certain things in a normal workplace peolpe would not be expected to deal with such digusting things i have had it on my hands in past both wfp and trad why should we

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 07:47:06 pm »
you can catch diseases from dog muck one which can cause you to go blind nice thought losing my sight because of some lazy idiot 

cybersye

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 09:08:04 pm »
agreed, its not right but poop happens!  ;D
as others have said you can wash your boots and tyre down, I often have to do this with my hose when it get dragged through something nasty.
As for your concerns about catching a nasty infection, this is something thats often concerned me too especially when I've been packing away things in the van and I get a sniff of something on my hand.
Get yourself some alcohol wipes or hand gel and keep it in the van for such times.
Simon

Ta-ra

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:24 pm »
I think cat turd is worse for some reason - seems to be very sticky indeed.

cybersye

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 09:54:27 pm »
I think cat turd is worse for some reason - seems to be very sticky indeed.
I know what you mean, and they love doing it in gravel paths, guess its like a huge litter tray to them  :P

wizard

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »
I cleaned a house for a custy that had dogs I asked her to make a plan with the stuff. They never do so one day I got fed up they were the last call for the day.So I cleaned my shoes on her door handle. I would have loved to see her face.Needless to say things were better the next call.

Ta-ra

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 10:06:10 pm »
Here's a trick...  when you locate a turd, put a chair over the top of it so that your hose doesn't drag across the item.  Make you you put the chair back where it came from, 1) as it's polite, and 2) so that the owner of the dog can experience the sensation of stepping on something rather slippery in the grass.

dai

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 11:36:44 am »
Being colour blind doesn't help, I have problems seeing the stuff when it's on grass. Some reds, browns and greens look all the same to me.

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 01:03:56 pm »
Cat poo is worse...
I stood in some when I was still trad some years ago, but didn't know I had until I climbed DOWN my ladder and put my hand in it.  >:(

The smell is worse than dogs IMO... ;D

jonnyald

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 03:05:32 pm »
Being colour blind doesn't help, I have problems seeing the stuff when it's on grass. Some reds, browns and greens look all the same to me.
snap ! - 1 in 10 men are colourblind