Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wizard

Impressed with pure Water.
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:39:30 pm »
Well I have use Pure water for one month today. I have heard all thr pros amnd cons on Trade and WFP. I have told my custies about my safety and my conclution is. I will never tell the custie about my safety at all. It not something that has value to them.
But Pure water o yes it is quite remarkable How well it cleans and that what a great result it delivers to there glass I was very impressed.Coming from a 6 months trad, I still think there is a place for trad but pure water is what the customer will hear plenty about.This is important and I will use it as my marketing thrust to sell my service to them.My trust I have in my results will sell the idea to my custies.When I blade on pure water the rubber squeekes, Thats super clean glass and that what costomers want.!!!! I used pure water on all my work but used to blade the bottom floor. I came back to a job down this morning. The top and bottem looked just as good . I left a little water on the side of the bladed glass and when it dried , Perfect results over all the glass thats dam good.

wfp master

Re: Impressed with pure Water.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:10:20 am »
isn,t that what its supposed to do  ;) ::) ::)

wizard

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:19:14 am »
You are right . But I have seen very bad results. so many on this forum say wfp is not good. Spots and streaks.One does not know who to believe if you have not seen for yourself.I think my praise is justified.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 08:19:41 am »
WFP can be very good, it's problem is consistency, no matter how good you are, you will still make many more mistakes than you would with trad.

That's a fact.

It is far easier to do a bad job with WFP, with trad you are up close and personal, when you finish a window, that's it, it's done, complete.
With WFP you walk away with it dripping wet and it may or may not dry out perfectly.

I have been WFP for about 7 years now and would not dream of going back to 100% trad.
I do a first rate job and absolutely swear by WFP, overall it does a better and more thorough job than trad alone, but there are now more windows with errors on them than there were prior to me going over to WFP.

The drying process is subject to the weather, if it is windy and there are trees and shrubbery around then the potential for windows drying out with spots on them is higher, ditto if you are close to a busy road and the roads are wet and dirty.

The more experienced you are the better you get, you identify windows that will cause problems, you learn how best to deal with oxidised frames, but you will still get caught out on a regular basis.

And of course there are some windows that just do not come up well when cleaned with WFP and sometimes that can be a window that is right next to an identical one that comes up perfect!! :-\

The plus points for WFP for out way the negative points, unfortunately there are some muppets out there that seem to think that just to have WFP makes them a brilliant window cleaner, swish a brush over a window = job done.

The Lloydstsb branch in my town is done WFP, they've just had a full refit, lovely, freshly painted window frames that are perfect for WFP but the quality of the job done is absolutely appalling!
No way on this Earth would I ever do a job that bad, but then, I'm pretty fussy, and if you are too then by and large you'll do a first rate job...

All comes down to the operator in then end....

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:51:41 am »
You always have to be aware of the limitations with WFP. All the stories of spots and streaks are usually down to milky frames and you have to be receptive to the warning signs. Also you have to conciously get that brush up into the corners.

When you just give the centre of the pane a quick rub and move on its not going to give good results. As well as window cleaning I was/am a London Taxi driver. Being in a taxi was great because you can pull up outside where someone is cleaning windows and watch them. They just think you are waiting for somebody and ignore you. As a result I have seen a lot of different people cleaning with WFP and I can tell you many do not do it properly IMO. Hence all the stories about rubbish results.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:08:16 am »
You always have to be aware of the limitations with WFP. All the stories of spots and streaks are usually down to milky frames and you have to be receptive to the warning signs. Also you have to conciously get that brush up into the corners.

When you just give the centre of the pane a quick rub and move on its not going to give good results. As well as window cleaning I was/am a London Taxi driver. Being in a taxi was great because you can pull up outside where someone is cleaning windows and watch them. They just think you are waiting for somebody and ignore you. As a result I have seen a lot of different people cleaning with WFP and I can tell you many do not do it properly IMO. Hence all the stories about rubbish results.
The same can be said for trad too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 09:17:00 am »
just swish a brush over the window..........job done! ::) ::)

thats all ive seen window cleaners do with em!

im going to start with wfp tops/trad bottoms and make sure i get the frames up to scratch first and get into those corners with the brush!ive had quite a few people say they dumped there wc when he used the brush and water thingy!and others who just put up with it! ::) ::)

hopefully ill be able to convince them otherwise when i add wfp!my knees cant take much more of the ladder work! ::) ::)
price higher/work harder!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 09:20:24 am »

The same can be said for trad too.

Very true, direct skill levels very much higher with trad, and over the years I've seen some awful trad window cleaners..

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

wizard

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 04:03:55 pm »
Thanks chaps for your input. I am proud of what I produce and would rather over clean that under. Because I am new a WFP and been made aware by this forum and try to pass by on my work to see my results and so far I am very happy with WFP results Pure water is very good human error are often at fault. I will not be happy with half measures.I am not critisize others results. But I have high standards for myself.