Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonnyald

Re: Rather them than me
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 09:44:27 am »
GOOD FOTO - GOOD LADS !

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 10:12:53 am »
one of your lads then johhny? ;D

stevieg

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 11:01:39 am »
The only problem i could see from that picture is possibly overstretching whilst at the top.
Dont see while someone is footing on grass,it cant slide backwards and any other way,nothing could be done anyway!! People can be a little too precious!!

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 12:59:30 pm »
Pah! Nothing to it, used to do that all the time (ask Tosh..oops, you can't :-X)

Seriously though, I used to work at that kind of height and higher, usually on my tod with no one footing the ladder.

looking back I can't believe how dangerously I used to work.

When Squeaky used to work for me I also had another guy, they were working together on a big office, the other guy (Not squeaky!) was working the second  floor (about 30ft) and as the ladder was pretty bendy, he stepped off it to do the first floor window (deep sills), was windy at the time and the wind blew the ladder over leaving him stranded on the window sill...
The ladder crashed over and across the width of the road...between two cars driving down it!! :o

Net result was a slightly bend ladder that was a sod to extend...no other repercussions.
Can you imagine being in that position now in today's Health & safety world?

Ian

Likewise Ian.  I've done far worse.  Wouldn't do it now though.