Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Best location for training

Harrogate
53.3%
8 (53.3%)
Midlands
33.3%
5 (33.3%)
London
13.3%
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

ian richards

Leather Training
« on: June 13, 2005, 12:18:18 pm »

I was just reading the artical CLEANING LEATHER SUITES

I attended the LTT course last month and like others on this site, can't reccomend it enough. It was, without doubt the the most enjoyable course that i have ever been on. You learn so much in such a small amount of time.

However, the jaunt up there was a bit of a nightmare, i won't tell you what happend, but it took us quite a long time.
I wandered how far are people willing to travel to go on the course?

I bet it is one hell of a journey for anyone traveling from down south, Cornwall, ect.   

Do you think that they should run courses, around the Midlands region, or say London.

I know that Woolsafe travel around the Uk.

Ian

stevegunn

Re: Leather Training
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 12:42:27 pm »
With cheap air travel travelling to courses is not a problem it only costs 6.99 to travel to London from Newcastle,£54 from Newcastle to Exeter.Where is the option for not bothered where they are?

John_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 01:04:04 pm »
Heyup Steve, wots up wi these lads from  darn sarf???

I get better looking each day!!

ian richards

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 01:27:47 pm »

Steve

Yes you are right, a mishap on my behalf :-[

I have tried to change it so it can be added but it won't let me ???

If you know the way to do it let me know, i'm office based today if you want to ring, or pm me.

Cheers

Ian

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 06:23:26 pm »
hi steve

That maybe right for you but i'm pretty sure that the only place you can fly to from cornwall is stanstead.

When i was in the rfa i tried to get a flight home from glasgow. it would have been faster and cheaper to do the journey on a moped. :D

and now our local airport (Newquay) might even be closing down with the closure of raf st mawgan

basically we're left with road or rail but even then there are talks of stopping the night train between penzance and paddington

cheers Goron

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 08:50:10 pm »
Like other Ian, I was on the same course as him (and Gavin) at Harrogate, for me the location was as good as I could hope for, 2 hours drive from home straight down the A1.   But I can appreciate that for others it could be a bit of a nightmare to get to. 

The town itself was also alright, big enough for a wander around in the evening and some decent places for a pint and something to eat.

Steves point about flying everywhere is fine, but you then have to make your way to the airport and from the airport to wherever you're going and that can cost as much as the flight itself.

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:21:41 pm »
Ian Rochester

Too right the yokels have you by the nuts £40 for less than a 20 min drive next time I will hire a car!

John F

My neighbours home but will need a week to get the yank out of her! Just love when the boat comes in!

Goron

The pasties wanted antimony now there getting it! ;D ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

ian richards

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 09:30:27 pm »

I think that getting a flight for less than £50 on a regular basis is a bit of a tall order, it doesnt happen :( otherwise we would all be popping off around the uk for our weekly shopping ??? No, of course we wouldnt, yes, you can get cheap flights, but not on a regular basis, and most of the time, to get these prices you have to book about three months in advance :( 

Mark Roberts

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 09:33:00 pm »
I think LTT have a couse coming to Cornwall this year. Best ring em to see.

Mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 09:49:56 pm »
Some flights are cheap it’s down to us price shopper (and we call the kettle black) airport taxes can be more expensive than the flight that includes Europe, school brakes price goes up even if you book a year in advance.

I will do a lot more home work on distance hate seeing Kevin cry every time I drive

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 08:17:22 am »
Hi Ian

The drive up was not that bad! ok we did go the scenic route :D and I had just been on a train for 2 hours before we even stared the drive!  the only problem I had was your choice of hotel  :o  :o  :o  ;)

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

therapist

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 08:36:54 am »
You southern guys need to get out more!!!!!!

I can fly from Glasgow or Edinburgh to London, or Bristol, in around ONE hour.........and for as little as twenty to thirty pounds.

Check out Easy jet and Ryanair and look for early booking prices.

You can even get FREE FLIGHTS, occasionally

My wife was in Barcelona two weeks ago and the return flight only cost around sixty pounds

r m

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 11:35:07 am »
therapist

do you know where cornwall is?

where i live which is mid cornwall is 3 hours from bristol.

i'm pretty sure ryan air don't go to bristol, they didn't anyway.

cheers Goron

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 11:43:29 am »
whilst in glasgow i met this bloke in a kebab shop. quite a hard looking bloke.

anyway he was telling me how much he hated the english. i said to him its alright mate i'm cornish we're all celtic aren't we!

At which point he said f you mate, i'm rangers and stormed off.

whoops :D :D :D :P