Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ollie

help with suite
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:40:02 am »
Hi all,
I have my first 3 piece clean on sunday and was after some advice.
I intend to do all the tests etc vac it then pre spray with prochem b108 fabric restorer and blot and wipe with terry towelling till no soiling left then rinse with b109 fibre and fabric rinse with ninja and  finally turbo drying. The suite is dralon.
Does this sound ok or can you offer me any other tips.
Ive just done the ncca course but still nervous!!
Thanks in advance
ollie
ollie

Adrian Makel

Re: help with suite
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 10:51:33 am »
sounds fine mate,just take your time,don`t be nervous,and the customer will think youv`e been cleaning suites for years.in time you will find your own style of cleaning suites,but using the above method for now will be fine.best of luck mate.Adrian

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 11:13:51 am »
thats it give hope
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 11:35:54 am »
Ollie,

If it's a Dralon(acrylic) suite you can clean it with virtually anything and you will get good results.

Should be agood first time suite.

Cheers,

Doug

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 11:39:59 am »
doug if not will you pay for it ;D
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

john rees

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 11:45:27 am »
don't worry it must be one of the easiest of all the suites to clean!just towl the nap when finished so you don't leave any tramlines, and not too hot! make sure no brass solution fittings are resting on the suite when working.
         John
john

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 11:53:57 am »
i love suites good luck

ollie

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 12:22:19 pm »
thanks for all your replies. I will let you know how i get on!!
Thanks again
Ollie
ollie

mark_roberts

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 03:36:03 pm »
Make sure its is draylon and not viscose.  I made that mistake only once.

You could agitate with a brush, extract and then towel to remove more moisture and last remaining dirt.  With blowers the sofa at least should be dry before you leave.

If all suites where draylon I would enjoy cleaning suites a lot more.

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 09:44:05 pm »
Ollie remember not too much heat or you'll irreversably reset the pile.

Keep the water warm not too hot, do extra dry passes to extract more moisture and DO NOT put cushions outside to dry as they will come in quite a few shades lighter or distort.

Shaun

Cloverleaf

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 10:17:02 pm »
Ollie,

I have recently started using fabric restorer.
It's very good for heavily soiled cotton. If you mix in a bucket as per instructions and apply with a soft brush till it foams and let dwell for 15 mins it will clean cotton very easily as it has solvents that break down grease etc. On draylon I would just pre spray as previous posts and extract.

John

ollie

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 01:55:47 pm »
thanks all! thanks to the people who pm d me- i cant seem to reply but thanks anyway
ollie

Adrian Makel

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 02:50:55 pm »
you will have to let us know how it goes mate. ;D ;D

ollie

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 09:28:55 am »
I have now got another suite i went and quoted yesterday- its a suite from a quality retailer we have around here. Im having trouble identifying the fabric ( and i only did the course 2 weeks ago!!!) I think its a flatweave material- the lady has put the covers in the machine so i assume its is ok to use a wet method.
Any tips for fibre identification? I did a dye test and it was fine.
thanks
ollie

Adrian Makel

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 01:33:47 pm »
if dye test was o.k,use method you are most comfortable with,should be no problem.

ollie

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 02:31:59 pm »
Thanks Adrian
ollie

Doug Holloway

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 04:09:50 pm »
Ollie,

I wet clean almost every suite I clean .

Always go carefully and look for signs such as previous cleans, washing machine cleans,1001/vanish spot cleaning etc

Suites which soak up water can be a problem , cotton velvet,viscose .

Cheers,

Doug

ollie

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 07:54:25 am »
Did the suite yesterday and the customer was over the moon! thanks for all your advice. im off to do my second one today and am a lot more confident.
ollie

Adrian Makel

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 09:44:43 am »
well done mate,now your flying.CONGRATS ;D