Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Talking of Service Master....
« on: December 14, 2009, 07:51:53 pm »
I was surprised to see a Service Master van carrying out Water Fed Pole window cleaning on a communial block of flats today.
Have times got that tight for them? or have they always done their own window cleaning?

Peter Sweeney

Re: Talking of Service Master....
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 07:57:31 pm »
thats odd Neil,

I saw one the other day doing the same and had the same thought.

Pete

CATMAN

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 08:12:05 pm »
As an ex-rainbow i believe both franchises have gone down the route of asking their franchisees to seek any commercial cleaning work. This includes window cleaning, sharps and bio-hazards, office  cleaning, builders clean, graffitti blasting. One franchisee was cleaning pizza hut of a morning and another the back of ambulances.  In effect anything that can be cleaned and they can get their fees from.

Problem was as I saw it as wafer thin margins and then giving away 11%-no thanks. I was told  that if I din't tow the line and bring in this type of work, they would turn off the insurance work. So I decided to take a hike.

A Fool & His Money Are Soon Parted, as they say

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 08:18:58 pm »
He needs to watch out ;) when I was with a commercial cleaning franchisee and carried out domestic and ff work they wanted there cut ??? :o one big argument :)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

jamieexpress

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 08:45:13 pm »
I think you may find that it is a Servicemaster contract services van cleaning the windows.
We have disastor restoration residential and commercial carpet cleaing and contract services which do daily weekly cleans.

Jamie.