Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Acustic Tile Cleaning
« on: June 10, 2005, 10:21:46 pm »
While looking through a copy of a Franchise Mag which arrived today, I noticed an advert for an Acoustic Tile Franchise. Claiming a wide open market.

It also stated the charge rate was 50p a square foot.
Projected turnover was £150K a year

Has anyone any experience in cleaning Acoustic Tiles/

Is it a Marketing opportunity for us all?

Ian Rochester

Re: Acustic Tile Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 10:39:10 pm »
We do acoustic tile cleaning, IF ASKED!.  It is no wonder market, the opportunities are very limited.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 10:50:53 pm »
I cant remember the statistics but the company states there is a billion of square feet of suspended cielings all going grey. Need cleaning every three years
To replace £2.50 a square foot to clean 50p.

Has anyone specifically targeted this market. ?

therapist

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 12:16:39 am »
YOU CERTAINLY DON'T NEED A FRANCHISE....
One step has been supplying an accoustic tile cleaner for years, either Kristallo or arkollo, if I'm wrong Nick will soon let you know as he sells the same or very similar product and a day with either supplier will give you all the knowledge you require

r m

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 07:02:14 pm »
Ian

Care with franchises lots of homework needed!

Yes I have done them, defiantly don’t go out of my way to look for the work, prefer to look down not up!

One thing to remember if they are corporate customers when was the last time they had a carpet cleaner in?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 12:17:05 am »
Did a few in my time but never found a great demand, but then I suppose I never really tried too much. I remember cleaning tiles in a newspaper office where all the journalists worked at their word processors, I will never forget the  amount of nicotine on them ( the tiles that is, although I suppose the journalists were contaminated too). However, now with the smoking ban in the work place I would imagine the need for acoustic tile cleaning to be less.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 03:23:27 pm »
However, now with the smoking ban in the work place I would imagine the need for acoustic tile cleaning to be less.

Good point. Certainly a shrinking market I would have thought!

Regards

Mike