Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scudo Maxi
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:42:53 pm »
I bought a scudo maxi today, long wheel base high roof and 1200kg payload.I don't get it for a couple of weeks.

They are plylining the van and then putting a coating over this similar to protectacote.This is either black or grey and goes 6ins up the sides, £350 for black £370 for grey plus vat. I forget what the firm that does the sealing is called but they have a website with a yellow van on the first page.

My question is, is it right to do this over ply or should it be straight to the metal, or like others should i save money and get pond liner?

Any thoughts?

brianbarber

Re: Scudo Maxi
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:13:39 pm »
I think you are supposed to paint the bare floor!!

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

matt

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:45:32 pm »
its a bit of a waste over plywood

the damp will still sit on the floor, your metal floor will be cold, condensation will form under the ply, the ply will soak in the water and you have damp ply next to the metal floor

get them on the phone, ask them to slap the paint on the floor and then put some ply down, its doing to be the same amount of time

i doubt they will care

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:11:59 pm »
Different people.I thought they would coating first, but they think not.If there is no point having it done this way i will tell them to leave alone as they don't know what they are doing.They said is i resold i could take the floor up but i am not interested in resale values and i am not leasing so they are being a bit annoying.

dd

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 10:30:45 pm »
Is it speedliner?

Probably best not to plyline floor.

matt

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 10:36:09 pm »
Different people.I thought they would coating first, but they think not.If there is no point having it done this way i will tell them to leave alone as they don't know what they are doing.They said is i resold i could take the floor up but i am not interested in resale values and i am not leasing so they are being a bit annoying.

let them ply it out then

then get the van home, write on each ply panel where it goes in the van, get your cordless screwdriver out, whip out the ply ( it'll take you less than 1 hour )

then either paint it yourself, or take it to where you were going to have it done

then when dry, put the ply panels in ( another 1 hour job )

personally i wouldnt put it down on the floor as the screw will grip into the paint and thus create problems

job done

aallshine

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 10:45:00 pm »
straight to the metal, and use a bodyshop, do not try to do yourself, its hard job and take 2 or 3 days to dry......then plywood...if you wish.....

macmac

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 10:51:18 pm »
personally i wouldnt put it down on the floor as the screw will grip into the paint and thus create problems

I would ply the floor but bond it (gripfill etc) rather than screw it then you don't break the seal of the paint.

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 10:53:40 pm »

I would ply the floor but bond it (gripfill etc) rather than screw it then you don't break the seal of the paint.

good call  ;)