Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

why leaflets are a waste of time!
« on: June 09, 2005, 03:41:16 pm »
in a survey carried out by Servisemaster in 1998 only 14% of the population have thier carpets proffesionally cleaned, and the average span betreen cleans was 14months.

So 86% of your leaflets are totally wasted because they are delivered to people who have no intention of using a carpet cleaner. Of the other 14% if they are delivered on a quarterly basis to the same area they have a 1 in 5 chance of getting seen by someone actually thinking of having thier carpets cleaned, so of that 14% only 3% are actually effective.

but what happens when.....

1) half your lealfets don't get delivered :(

2)the home owner does'nt look at the rubbish that falls through his letterbox :(

3)yesturday another carpet cleaning leaflet was delivered to his door  :(

leaflets they're just not worth it ;)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jasonl

Re: why leaflets are a waste of time!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 03:51:10 pm »
OR IS IT THE MESSAGE THAT IS WRONG, if the magic words FREE  AND SEX are used it would not be a waste of time, my business - CD turned over 120k  in the last year before I sold it, on leaflet business, I spent 8k on leaflets that year.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Karl Wildey

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 09:14:02 pm »
Why did you sell a business that was making good money?

this is not a dig I am being nosey.

jasonl

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 09:19:38 pm »
because I was getting divorced and could not afford to buy out ex mrs share, have not looked back though things are better without CD, though I needed to go through the CD experience to learn about business.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 09:54:29 pm »
Mike I thought your business was based on leaflets?

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 10:15:14 pm »
Shaun, it is  ;) ;)

I'm just showing how you can use statistics to come to any conclusion you like :)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

benny d

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 10:17:33 pm »
Not even Colombo would have worked that one out!!  :D
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 10:22:07 pm »
Jason

I notice your a Heavens Best franchisee.  What system do you use to get it dry in under an hour??

thanks
Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 10:32:39 pm »
Mike you should have stood for Primeminister with the manipulation of facts and figures like that ;D

Shaun

John_Flynn

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 10:37:30 pm »
SSSSSSHHHHHHH Shaun, Mike now lives next door to John Prescott !!
I get better looking each day!!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 10:51:18 pm »
once again its not the leaflets or were they end up its whay you put in them. AND MOST OF YOU DONT KNOW DO YOU. i am not telling you cause im not allowed. BUT IF YOURS AINT WORKING YOU HAVE GOT IT WRONG.FACT IS 100 REPLYS BOOKINGS. IN 10.000 LEAFLETS. EASY PEASY BABY. :P
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

ollie

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 08:13:35 am »
I did my first leaflet drop yesterday i only managed 300 (Im going to pay for a solus drop next!) and i got chased down the road by one lady- job booked. I booked another three jobs over the phone last night. I think leaflets work!
ollie

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 08:23:24 am »
Ollie,

You could easily put out 2k a week.

ollie

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 09:18:32 am »
its just it was really hot yesterday ian and i got very tired very quickly! Im going out again today with my girlfriend to try and drop a few hundred. i was thinking of inserting them in the paper but ive asked a lot of people and they all say they never read leaflets in the paper. In my opinion i think that when a leaflet is delivered on its own at an unexpected time (not with mail) it has more of a chance- i know i run to the door if i hear the letterbox at an unusual time.
ollie

paulchambers

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 12:14:03 pm »
So the answer must be only deliver 14% of your leaflets  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D just need to find out who whats them   Paul

Adrian Makel

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 01:29:38 pm »
Wouldn`t bother putting them in papers,when you think about it,a great big bundle of flyers fall out the paper and you put them straight in the bin.At least delivering them seperately they get looked at.