Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mci services

Re: jumped from a job anyone?
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:22 pm »
i packed my job after 15 years, i only had 7 years left to get a full pension but i had enough. i started in june 2007 window cleaning and by september i was making enough to survive just. i mainly leafleted but i was lucky in that i had a payout of 9k from the previous job to keep me going. also my brother is a commercial window cleaner and he passed all enquirys for domestic to me and gave me a few houses he was struggling to keep up with. i also took free listings wherever i could ie yell etc
by the xmas 2007 i had about 500 quid more than my survival budget

geefree

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2009, 10:02:58 am »
i did exactly that, and i love it.... i know lots on here who have left the regular job and gone window cleaning, not been able to build a round quick enough... not had any clue how to run a round, and people who thought it was easy money...

they found out the hard way, and packed it in.....

you have to be dedicated from the word go, put the hours in , the leg work... and be prepared to live on nothing for weeks and weeks.

Its fine people saying you wont fail, but the reality is.. its a business..your business and lots of people fail, mainly because they make the mistake of reading misleading earning topics,..and think the customers and the money will come to them automatically..

its hard work to achieve a reliable monthly income from scratch

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise,

sorry to be so blunt and not what you want to hear, but it needs to be said.

cozy

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2009, 10:13:17 am »
Personally myself, started at 17/18 now 41 been at it all the time, now selling
the rounds been as mad as Three point five large a month but lost some big earners due to shop cutbacks, ie KFC, Mcdonalds, Waitrose..

best way to start in this business and to make it pay is SIMPLY just to stick at it WHATEVER nature and your personal circumstances throw at you.....
i had some really awfull winters ie 1988 sticks in my mind, God it was freezing that year for about 4 months, and i was still out in it...bills to pay ::)

also dont be disheartened by customers 'coming and going', i could tell you stories of clients that have fased in and out for the last 20 years through housemoves and God knows what other circumstances....
if you are good, and i mean GOOD, you'll get work, that simple.
Keep your face in public, don't rip no-one off, be polite, listen to your customers monthly winging with a smile on your face and you'll be fine, trust me.

Good post.  By the way,had a few winters like that here too.