Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

connecters
« on: December 01, 2009, 08:35:58 pm »
anyone use ez snap  connecters are they any good  :-X :-X
shiney one

Blue Frog Systems

Re: connecters
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 09:09:50 pm »
There the standard ones that most of us use, there just marketed under that name
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cybersye

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:09:54 pm »
only my opinion, sure others disagree, but I think theyre crap. I've had two sets and they both either seized up or leaked in no time. I use hoselock style connectors from gardena with the tap on it, my current one has lasted 10 months and gets dragged and stepped on daily with no problems whatsoever and if it was to break I could easily source a replacement locally within an hour no need to pack up and order on line and wait a day or so for delivery, nuff said

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 12:13:05 am »
I would agree with the above to an extent. They seize and lock up quite often. I've had several that have lasted from a couple of weeks to over a year.
What i do is keep them connected permanently and just pull out the pole hose if swapping poles.
After a few months the connection leaks, but i just snip 1/2 inch off the hose and carry on.

chopsie

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 12:19:33 am »
glad its not just me,mine on my backback is only 2 or3 weeks old,and from early on it keeps seizing and locking up,If it gets any worse I might try the hozelock connector,I thought I was opting for the better quality part when i ordered it  :-\
chopsie

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 12:28:41 am »
I use the ez-snap / rectus range, only problem I've had is dirt getting in, quick blow and good as new :)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 07:54:59 am »
only my opinion, sure others disagree, but I think theyre crap. I've had two sets and they both either seized up or leaked in no time. I use hoselock style connectors from gardena with the tap on it, my current one has lasted 10 months and gets dragged and stepped on daily with no problems whatsoever and if it was to break I could easily source a replacement locally within an hour no need to pack up and order on line and wait a day or so for delivery, nuff said

I also agree ..mine keep seizing up and are a bugger to disconnect sometimes!

Cybersye. do you mean standard hoselock connectors (adapted to fit micro bore)...? Arent they a bit big..ie catching on things when pulling around?

Cheers Dave
You can't polish a turd

cybersye

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 08:56:28 am »

I also agree ..mine keep seizing up and are a bugger to disconnect sometimes!

Cybersye. do you mean standard hoselock connectors (adapted to fit micro bore)...? Arent they a bit big..ie catching on things when pulling around?

Cheers Dave

yes Dave
and it does get snagged sometimes but I still prefer them

simon

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:32:11 pm »
Cheers Simon
You can't polish a turd