Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Buckland

Low pro carpet tiles - rotary
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:18 am »
Old and worn synth carpet tiles decorated with plenty of coffee and toner powder!!

Anyone got any advice on what they have had good results with?

I'm also looking for any advice on method i.e. pads/poly scrubs etc for rotary machine agit also prespray ideas - our final action would usually be super hot pc f & fc acid rinse with truckmount. Did the same job 2 years ago with ok results (we've been asked back?) usinf powerburst but looking for any new ideas? All suggestions welcome...

thanks
dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

JandS

Re: Low pro carpet tiles - rotary
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:41:46 pm »
Did a transport managers office last week.
As you can imagine, truckers in and out with their dockets in mucky boots all day.
Powerburst, 15 minute dwell with agitation after about 5, HWE using Double Clean.
Came up a treat.
If it's an office with wheeled chairs just tell them that the areas in front of the desk where the wheels regularly
run probably won't come up much because there is actually very little if any of the actual carpet material left.
Find when you wand these areas if your not quick the water actually pools round the wand as it has nowhere to go.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 04:09:26 pm »
Toner could be problematic. Before any water gets near it clean with dry compound eg, Host, Envirodri etc. If you don't have a suitable CRB machine, use your rotary with a white 3M skimming pad or if it's just a small stain, a hand brush. Toner will be very easy to clean.

If tiles are polypropylene, try adding some Prochem Oxybrite or similar to your prespray. Nylon & others will require testing as dyes can fade.  If you take your TM and rotary, you can agitate with rotary and also bonnet low soil areas and just rinse/extract where needed. Agitate with a white floor or carpet skimming  pad rather than a rotary brush.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

murky

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 04:52:13 pm »
The important thing to remember about toner is that it works on heat, ie the machine heats the ink up to be able to print.

So dont try and rinse it with HOT water, it only sets it and makes it worse, use cold.

Murky

elliott cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:49 pm »
Toner could be problematic................. Toner will be very easy to clean..........

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken

Ken - I love definitive posts like that  ;) ;)

Buckland

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 08:08:13 pm »
Many thanks John, Ken, Murky and Frans(?) - all gone into the melting pot - I have fits and starts of office carpet tile jobs but this one is a big compnay with lots of departments and they all call us at various times - trouble is they have had all sorts of different tiles installed in different offices at various times - some scrub up well others not so!

Thats good advice murky about the toner! that did not occur to me - client now says the marks that they thought could be toner (because they are near the photocopier) are orange juice cause the bloke who sat near the photocopier always ate orages each lunch time - customers - dont cha just luv em!

I was looking for a boost and Kens oxibrite idea will def get a runout - have a tub which I usually only pull out for rug fringes!

anyways thanks guys

Buckland

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:23 pm »
Did the actual job some two weeks ago now but thought I would fill anyone intrested as carpet tiles can be pain - used the oxibrite additive idea with powerburst and without on this job as part of the hot prespray and dwell/agit routine and no noticeable difference really that I could see - established that there was no toner powder problem - everything came out except the really ground in marks where chair rollercoasters had been circulating for years it seems - hardly noticeable when dry so some of it was wear - used Pc F & FR on very hot steam extract - job itself took 2 hours max plus messing around and client very very pleased - feedback from the FM for the company was also positive - MD of company thought the department had new carpet tiles! Result...