Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: ideal WFP setup/van
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 11:48:14 pm »
16 houses in a day!is that all!if i get a 400lt tank im hoping ill clean a few more than im cleaning now!i clean on a good day 25plus 3 bed semis TRAD!if u mean 4-5 bedroom houses and bigger thats good going!it does seem like a lot of hassle but i must try WFP!even with the higher costs and that i hope to still make more money in time or whats the point!i only want to go WFP to earn more money!THATS IT!safety secondary for me as im already safe due to extension poles,ladderstoppers etc.just want to be faster and do the frames etc at the same time.am i making any sense guys! ;D

price higher/work harder!

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 11:59:42 pm »
IMO if you are happy to avoid larger commercial job you should be able to manage on that 250L setup.  Have you considered though that filling up at custies in the winter may be difficult as many isolate their external taps to avoid freeze-ups?  Also, if you are doing DI only (perfectly OK with 035 TDS), maybe you would do better to have two DI vessels so they may be alternated?  That way, you only need to throw away the resin in vessel 1 when it is coming out of iut at 035 instead of sooner (the resin in DI2 will be a backup and polish off the water from DI1..

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 12:18:01 am »
so many decisions i cant make my mind up!thinking i might sack the idea of WFP off entirely!im caught in 2 minds!i use a lot of custys taps to fill my bucket up.none that i know of turns them off in winter.now im thinking just get a small van,sign written,logod fleece/polo shirts and stay TRAD ONLY!im on a water meter in a first floor flat!maybe i should market myself as a traditional window cleaner.i think i need to up my prices a bit and stick with less hassle and lower overheads.OR DO U THINK IM MAD TO STICK WITH TRAD?thats all ive known for 15 yrs and i like the simplicity of it!im all domestic,3 bedders compact and some good posh bigger accounts!im really confused now!i think i need to go to bed!

night all!

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 07:55:28 am »
so many decisions i cant make my mind up!thinking i might sack the idea of WFP off entirely!im caught in 2 minds!i use a lot of custys taps to fill my bucket up.none that i know of turns them off in winter.now im thinking just get a small van,sign written,logod fleece/polo shirts and stay TRAD ONLY!im on a water meter in a first floor flat!maybe i should market myself as a traditional window cleaner.i think i need to up my prices a bit and stick with less hassle and lower overheads.OR DO U THINK IM MAD TO STICK WITH TRAD?thats all ive known for 15 yrs and i like the simplicity of it!im all domestic,3 bedders compact and some good posh bigger accounts!im really confused now!i think i need to go to bed!

night all!

dazmond

No, not mad sticking with trad.  However, your income could be a lot higher with WFP - not to mention a safer working life.

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 10:52:43 am »
daz all you need is 1 second of bad luck to fall off your ladder and break some bones, then will you think sticking with trad is the best way to be? 
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 11:12:20 am »
JRD ive fell off twice in 15 yrs!both times ladder slid down the wall and i landed on my heels both times!back at work the next day!my heels must be made of rock!i was very lucky!that was 10 yrs ago.im a lot more careful now with age![38] but i will always need ladders for gutters/flat roofs/over garage to clean the back.pointer ladders for bottoms where water is an issue.so u will always have an element of risk!

Carl2009

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 05:17:38 pm »
"16 houses in a day!is that all!" Yep, it is. You're welcome to come out with me and see if i'm a slouch. I rarely take a break for lunch - grab a bite each time i'm back at the van. The 16 per day is good going considering the properties and area, and yep, they tend to be a mix of the usual small semis + larger properties. I started at 08:30 this morning and have done 10, 2 of which were first cleans and I had to use my trolley and tfr on one first. I started the drive home at 15:20.

I haven't worked solely trad and my trad skills are only passable, but I can't see how it's much, much faster than wfp, but every property is different. A local cleaner to me is trad and him and his mate do 25 between them in a day, but as we are fairly rural area I know he has an amount of driving.

It will be interesting to see how you get on doing wfp; 3 months and you should be up to speed, if not sooner. It's not rocket science. If you can do 25, 20 minute houses in an average day i'll get you a pint in.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 07:54:26 pm »
carl what i mean is if thats biggish houses scattered about thats good but if its compact 3 bedders then i would be better off on that part of my round to stay trad as i can do 25 plus on a good day!i have 2 wks work of  v.compact 3 bedders then 2 wks of various bigger houses and flats and clusters of properties.ive been trad for 15 yrs so had plenty of practice!

best wishes dazmond

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 04:44:50 pm »
daz you have been knocking this about for a week or so now, have you made your mind up yet :) we are all dying to know :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'