Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Betts

Ladders, best ones? Cost?
« on: January 08, 2004, 01:16:17 am »
Can anyone recommend a decent ladder make??

Cost etc etc??

Thanks

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

karlosdaze

Re: Ladders, best ones? Cost?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 02:05:29 am »
Everone on the American sites swear by little giant ladders made by "wing". Also available in the u.k. at a price.
http://www.ladders.com/

I have 2 copies of these, plus a 3 section, plus small and large steps plus a scaffolding tower. I can fit all these in/on top of my opel van (minus the scaffolding), plus my water fed pole/100kg RO water, poles and wc equipment and my work tools at once.
Mine are only copies, so I wouldn't recommend them, however I oil them with a releasing spray & never put them on the roof. You could fit 2 sets in the back of a cortina when folded all the way down. Each one opens up to 3 metres, I picked them up from Lidl for 50 quid each. Safety rated 175 kg.

STEVE71163

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 08:46:44 am »
Hi Mark,
           I use A frame window cleaning trade ladders from

www.ladders999.co.uk

They are excellent quality and my last set lasted me 15 years :o

Steve

fez

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 10:07:37 am »
Hiya,

I use a 2.7m Titan aluminium A  frame ladder that cost £75 ish and I've found it to be really good.

STEVE71163

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 10:15:05 am »
Hi Mark,
           Forgot to say that link above sell Titan ladders which in my opinion are excellent quality. I use mainly a 3.66 mtr wooden A frame which i find is a good hight for general use.

Steve

Rob_B

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 11:11:03 pm »
I have a Titan double 12 foot wooden A frame recommended by Mr Lowe when i changed from my bog standard alloy ladders a few months back.

The price put me off for ages, but I have got to admit it's the best money i have spent on equipment. They help you get higher up the windows safely instead of standing on the top rung stretching to reach.

It took a while to get used to the weight, but now i think I prefer it as it helps to make you feel more secure and there is less chance of the wind taking them while you are stood on bay windows etc.