Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ste M

When to go RO
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »
Hi can you please tell me at what reading on your TDS meter would you say the water is to hard to use a DI system?

Cheers ste

Ian Lancaster

Re: When to go RO
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:19:02 pm »
How long is a piece of string?

Try with just DI and see how long a cylinder full will last.  Work out whether it's worth investing in an RO or not.

I would say that if you have over about 60-80 ppm you should consider RO, but it depends on how much water you use.

wizard

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:19:33 pm »
About 40 or less or else it gets expensive on Resin.Its easy to get the TDS reading first then  looking on one of the web side that has a table of costs of using ro +di or just a di.

Ste M

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32:13 pm »
its not really for me, i have a mate that is interested in setting up and he had brodex out who said he should get an ro system without even checking his water tds level, i said he needed to check this first before settling on what system to get and i just wanted to know what point you should get one

wizard

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:41:23 pm »
If the company knows the area they would know the TDS of there water. The thing is you will always need a hand held TDS metre so check the water to check if the company is correct and at the same time you will find out what type of company they are. Honest or just sloppy and want money . Good luck

Ste M

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:54:56 pm »
i spoke to brodex myself recently and they qouted my water as being in the 300 region, its not, its only 060. i think they are trying to pull a fast one myself but i just wondered at what point you should only get a ro system instead of a DI