Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Walker

Gutter Cleaning
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:11:23 pm »
I've noticed recently that there have been quite a few threads where gutter cleaning has been mentioned.

Are you talking cleaning the outside of gutters WFP from the ground or are you talking cleaning with a suction unit.

I used to turn gutter cleaning down as as I found my Omnipole too heavy for me to hold at the right angle etc.  However, the other day I had a customer who was out and I experimented on part of her very dirty gutter with my SLX and Superlight brush.  It was a doddle and the section of gutter came up a treat.

I am now thinking of offering this add-on service - any suggestions on pricing would be appreciated .
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Window Washers

Re: Gutter Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:16:08 pm »
I've noticed recently that there have been quite a few threads where gutter cleaning has been mentioned.

Are you talking cleaning the outside of gutters WFP from the ground or are you talking cleaning with a suction unit.

I used to turn gutter cleaning down as as I found my Omnipole too heavy for me to hold at the right angle etc.  However, the other day I had a customer who was out and I experimented on part of her very dirty gutter with my SLX and Superlight brush.  It was a doddle and the section of gutter came up a treat.

I am now thinking of offering this add-on service - any suggestions on pricing would be appreciated .
When your saying about the omni pole, are you meaning the vac was heavy or the power pole ?

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

John Walker

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:26:49 pm »

When your saying about the omni pole, are you meaning the vac was heavy or the power pole ?

I meant just the PowerPole, i don't have a vac.  The PowerPole is a superb pole but it's just too heavy for me when at an angle and with the sill brush on.  It really strains my back but I would imagine a younger stronger guy having no problems.

Craig 72

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:46 pm »
Cleaning the outsides of a gutter is piece of cake normally,just doing it wfp.Most people would want the insides cleaned out as well though,being cluttered up with leaves etc this time of year.I personally don't get enough call for it to warrant a gutter vac and just use a ladder and bucket for the odd times I get them.I'm a bit unsure on pricing myself as it happens.I read that some people charge £2 a metre but then I read Matt on here say he charges £5.He seems to know his stuff but I think for that he pressure washes it all as well.The underlying opinion on here seems to be don't undersell yourself.

John Walker

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:42:59 pm »
Cleaning the outsides of a gutter is piece of cake normally,just doing it wfp.Most people would want the insides cleaned out as well though,being cluttered up with leaves etc this time of year.I personally don't get enough call for it to warrant a gutter vac and just use a ladder and bucket for the odd times I get them.I'm a bit unsure on pricing myself as it happens.I read that some people charge £2 a metre but then I read Matt on here say he charges £5.He seems to know his stuff but I think for that he pressure washes it all as well.The underlying opinion on here seems to be don't undersell yourself.

Thanks Craig - very useful advice.