Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Might loose some custys
« on: November 15, 2009, 07:41:46 pm »
Have done my calls for tomorrows window cleans.

A customer who I took on because her window cleaner had a shoulder replacement and hadn't been for 6 months. He visited a few houses last month and said he was retiring and was giving up his round.

Anyway, the custy told me she had a letter from a window cleaner saying they had taken over this guys round. She said she still wants me to clean them and not this new person.

But I've taken on about 20 customers from the retired guy and am just waiting to see if they stick with me or go to the new guy.

I've don nothing but a good job and I know they are all happy with my work, time will tell if they stick. If not then good riddance to them
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

South Coast Cleaning Services

Re: Might loose some custys
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:52:07 pm »
Most of them will stick with you but the ones that change arent worth keeping  :D

wizard

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:57:31 pm »
Go and see each one personally and ask them how they feel about you work and ask them to stay with you as the old windy does not own them and the new buyer cannot enforce his will on them. He is only requesting them to stay with the new windy. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE DO IT ASAP.AND YOU WILL KEEP THEM   so they know they can stay with you.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:29:59 pm »
So let's get this straight, this old window cleaner had to take 6 months off leaving his customers unatended and some of his custies decided they didn't much fancy a thick layer of dirt on there glass so they employee you to keep them clean, now he has decided to sell his abandened round.

That sounds fair enough  ::)

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 08:32:43 pm »
So let's get this straight, this old window cleaner had to take 6 months off leaving his customers unatended and some of his custies decided they didn't much fancy a thick layer of dirt on there glass so they employee you to keep them clean, now he has decided to sell his abandened round.

That sounds fair enough  ::)
if it was you who had been ill you would have a different opion

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 08:34:13 pm »
Did the w/c tell all his custys that he had broken his shoulder but would return once sorted or did he just not turn up

martinsadie

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 08:37:49 pm »
Did the w/c tell all his custys that he had broken his shoulder but would return once sorted or did he just not turn up
i have just been off for 6 weeks and theres no way i could go round 500 houses telling people,i have seen customers in the street and they are ok telling me they will still be there not to rush back,loyalty works 2 ways

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 08:41:11 pm »
i have just been off for 6 weeks and theres no way i could go round 500 houses telling people,i have seen customers in the street and they are ok telling me they will still be there not to rush back,loyalty works 2 ways

6 weeks and 6 months, quite a bit of difference if you ask me, If you broke your shoulder and the hospital said youll be off for 6 months youd go and tell evetyone of your customers the sad news, if he couldnt be arsed to simply keep his customers upto date and just not turn up then thats his silly fault,

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:16:14 am »
He told a few he had a shoulder replacement and would be back when he could carry his ladder again.

6 months later he told a few that he couldn't carry his ladder and that he was retiring.

2 months later his customers get a letter from an unknown window cleaner saying they have taken over his round.

Sounds like someone has bought his list off him and is contactinghis old customers.

I tried to find Out where he lived to do the same, but couldn't find him.

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cornelius jemmerso

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:25:14 am »
if this new fellah can only be bothered to write ,  id say crack on and totally ignore him  .

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 08:26:18 am »
WW - No one is entitled to this work so dont worry about the new w/c - in fact if he is pushy he won't get/keep any of your custy's, i have found that if you do a good job custy's stay loyal.

here is a simular situ.   w/c goes AWOL ( 3 months ) asked to clean windows and end up doing 6 of his ex-custy's - last week a new w/c just starts cleaning windows no hello i'm here instead of...  etc.. custy asks him who the hell is is ?

w/c -I brought this round off XXXX  and now doing the round

Custy -  NO YOUR NOT, take a hike

That was the anwser by all the custy's  -   being reliable is as important, if not more so than price

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

stephen s

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 08:38:49 am »
the solution is simple mate,  just go and see all the ones youve been cleaning and state your case to them.
  I wouldn't sit and wait to hear from them,  you have to act fast and nip it in the bud

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 09:11:12 am »
Let's face it, any one of our customers could go with what ever cleaner they want, there not under contract to us. We just hope that if we do a good job and turn up regular and at the period agreed they will stick with us.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 09:15:33 am »
Hello,

Never mind, its always the same when this sort of thing happens.

You win some, you lose some.

Always works out right in the end.

Kind regards. :)