Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

price hike £5!!or goodbye!
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:23:51 pm »
ive recently put a few up by 4 and 5 pound saying i will have to stop doing the windows or hike them up because there v.underpriced.{they are!}.mainly ones with conservatorys.not one said no yet!i reckon ive another 60 or 70 to put up by said amount but think ill leave it til after xmas.i feel good for biting the bullet though :Dthis forum has really opened my eyes in the last 6 months.ive been undervaluing myself for years.ive got a 5 year realistic plan for my business and i already have earned what i earned the whole of last year!i also earn over the the average for a sole trader even with all my underpriced stuff and thats TRAD!!onward and upward!thanks to everyone for their help and support on this forum.

best wishes dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Blue Frog Systems

Re: price hike £5!!or goodbye!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:44:17 pm »
Good luck to you matey

Think I'm going to have to raise some of mine next year (the early ones that I first started quoting). Will wait till were coming out of recession me thinks
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:50:38 pm »
some of the ones ive put up ive been doing for 10 yr or more!! :o :o :o

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 01:58:17 pm »
I think that's very good you not having problems with your customers after putting them up that much.

I always think that can be avoided by just pricing them correctly from the start, although that can be quite difficult if you think the customer might not go for you if priced too high.

So I try to price them midrange price then put them up after about 6 cleans, this usually works better I think.

Let me know what you think?

Kind regards. :)

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 02:19:05 pm »
I picked up a job last night. gave her a price, then discovered she had a window cleaner that already charged more than i had quoted, but the reason she wanted someone else was that he was putting his price up by £5.
If as you say the jobs you have are underpriced (we all have those jobs ;) ) maybe, tell cust's the price needs to go up by £5, but do it over a few months. £2 now, then £3 in six or eight months

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 05:30:37 pm »
You must have been cleaning for flippin free to have to put them up by such a big margin :-\
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:42:31 pm »
i put some £7 ones up to £12 and some £6 ones to a tenner.not one said no!given me more confidence to go again after xmas on another 60 or so custys. ;Di prob will lose a few.these custys are ones ive been cleaning for over 10 yrs though with v.little price increase.most of my round will have small increase every april for the next few years and all new work priced at £30 an hr.im trad and live in the north west.

best wishes lads

dazmond

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 11:48:30 pm »
where abouts in the north west daz? i will be putting mine up next year, 2nd time in 7 years, i hope they can take it haha

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 11:51:04 pm »
sunny salford!dont work round here much though!most of my work in cheshire!better payers! ;D ;D

Ste M

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 11:55:57 pm »
how far do you travel then daz? all my work is within about 4 miles but im thinking of going further when i have my van an full wfp, hopefully hve that in the next few weeks

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 11:59:39 pm »
all my work within a 8 mile radius.lots of v.compact stuff in one area! ;D :D

Ste M

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 12:02:17 am »
my main estate in very compact as well, i can walk from one end to the other in less than 5 mins, i have a hell of a lot on that estate though and its a good payer. it helps with speed when they are next to each other

wizard

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:26:58 am »
It is very important to have regular price increases in your business.If your price is static for years you are earning less each year due to inflation.Then comes the shock for your customers of a large increase.They will expect a increase each year, once you do it yearly.