Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Waterproof Jackets
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:55:14 pm »
Its time again t think of a new winter coat.

Last year I got a hi-vis builders jacket,.. it was waterproof for a few weeks, but after a couple of washes it quickly became a sponge.

This year I'm happy to spend a bit more on something that really works!

I want hi-vis,.. I want waterproof & breathable,.. I want something good enough to go pressure washing in,...

I'm thinking a Biker jacket might be worth trying?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Hi-Viz-Armoured-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Jacket-2XL-44_W0QQitemZ...

What you think?

RO-Sheen

Re: Waterproof Jackets
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:04:44 pm »
I got a Tog 24 goretex jacket last year. Think it was about £80 or £90 but well worth it. It has a removable fleece lining but is so warm without sweating buckets in it. I got it in Bicester village but have a look at mandmdirect.com.
Goretex all the way from now
Formerly known as GARGAAX

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:21:07 pm »
i use my north face jacket which was use dfor walking and fishing. Cost me 150 6 years ago and still have it. Reproof it with nixwax every so often. Once that is done i will thenu se my mountain equipment jacket. This is a pro gore tex shell and cost over 200 quid.

buy a goretex shell and stay dry people

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 11:26:16 pm »
Goretex products are fantastic for our needs. You can wear a t shirt undernearth and you're warm as toast without breaking into a sweat.
Well worth the money. There are many other that similar to goretex, but most of them don't seem upto the job.

bad trippy

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 12:07:10 am »
coats are for whimps and northeners lol
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:04:24 am »
you boys must be soft wear a cheap light weight waterproof or a fleece gilet no need for anything else

fergus77

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 09:32:13 am »
North Face jacket and over trousers here, can't beat them for flexability, and if you layer yourself properly, you'll be snug all day long  ;D

cybersye

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 02:37:25 pm »
If you want high viz as well you maybe limited to choice.
For a few quid you can buy a high viz waistcoat and wear it over whatever you want all year, be that a fleece, waterproof jacket, t shirt etc. can even get it printed with your business name on.

Simon

tom2009

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 10:24:02 pm »
anyone know where to get one with logo and number embroidered/printed on the back? Advertise while you work type thing.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 08:25:31 am »
anyone know where to get one with logo and number embroidered/printed on the back? Advertise while you work type thing.

Thats what I got last year (off ebay),.. looked great but didn't last long at all.

tom2009

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:22:02 pm »
yeh something like that. Imagined it being more of a complete jacket, but a vest - cheaper to buy, hi viz - thanks for the tip!

dai

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 04:35:08 pm »
one of the most effective ways of re proofing some of these jackets is simply to put them in the tumble dryer for a few minutes. When they are really dry, they repel water better.
When grass gets really dry during a hot spell, it can't absorb water the same in heavy rain, one of the major causes of flash flooding.

geefree

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 04:44:37 pm »
I have a nice waterproof jacket potatoe in the oven  ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49:31 pm »
what waterproof trousers you guys get

ive been through 2 pairs already in a few months just cheap £10 pack up ones

want some that last but dont wanna spend loads and rip them too shreds on plants etc within a month!