Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike 108

Macmac
« on: November 12, 2009, 06:47:51 pm »
Macmac, Hi.

I know that you’ve said, on here, that you don’t (usually) clean the tops of frames when using WFP. Can you clarify a few points for me, please.

1.   Is it only on upstairs windows where you miss the tops of frames – or on ALL windows?
2.   Presumably, you do clean the tops of the ‘openers’ – or don’t you?
3.   If you never clean the tops of frames – have all the windows that you clean got dirty tops to the frames?  Does this not make them look untidy/unfinished (especially on ground floor windows)?

My email address is on my profile - if you don't want this topic to become a 'forum-wide' discussion.

Thanks.

Mike 108

macmac

Re: Macmac
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 12:21:19 am »
Macmac, Hi.

I know that you’ve said, on here, that you don’t (usually) clean the tops of frames when using WFP. Can you clarify a few points for me, please.

1.   Is it only on upstairs windows where you miss the tops of frames – or on ALL windows?
2.   Presumably, you do clean the tops of the ‘openers’ – or don’t you?
3.   If you never clean the tops of frames – have all the windows that you clean got dirty tops to the frames?  Does this not make them look untidy/unfinished (especially on ground floor windows)?

My email address is on my profile - if you don't want this topic to become a 'forum-wide' discussion.

Thanks.

Mike 108

Hi Mike

1. ALL windows

2. No, still just the glass & lower spar (everything below glass.)

3. Not particularly. In 5.5 years wfp I've never had 1 mention from any custy about the top frame. BUT, I've also never sold wfp on clean frames or over-hyped it either. If there's a huge cobweb, or anything that sticks out on the side frames I'll give them a wipe over with the brush but normally just the glass. If the sill is really dirty on lower windows I go round with a cloth after wfp but that's it. ;)

Mike 108

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:35:12 am »
Macmac

Thanks for that.

Mike

macmac

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:50:15 pm »
There is a technique to doing this Mike. The majority of my wfp work isn't suitable for top frame cleaning. It takes a bit of practice but does mean a quicker, more reliable clean. Oh, & first cleans are not an issue.

It's easier spoken than written, if you're having trouble & want to know more we can speak over the phone if you like. That would benefit you more IMO. ;)

Mike 108

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »
Macmac

Thanks for the offer. Yes, I'd be grateful for any tips that might 'iron out' a few glitches or that might save me time.

If you email me your telephone number (with the best time to ring) I'll give you a bell.

As 'BT' used to say - "It's good to chat"

Cheers,

Mike

macmac

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 11:19:11 pm »
Macmac

Thanks for the offer. Yes, I'd be grateful for any tips that might 'iron out' a few glitches or that might save me time.

If you email me your telephone number (with the best time to ring) I'll give you a bell.

As 'BT' used to say - "It's good to chat"

Cheers,

Mike

Done  ;)

Slash

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 03:17:41 pm »
I clean all of the frame including the top bit,thats the most important,if you don't clean the top part of the frames and flush out the vents the water will drip down besides it looks awful when the job is only half done :o

macmac

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 03:21:47 pm »
I clean all of the frame including the top bit,thats the most important,if you don't clean the top part of the frames and flush out the vents the water will drip down besides it looks awful when the job is only half done :o

For the majority of properties on my round, cleaning the top frame is more often than not at the expense of clean glass!!

Look back through my 3400 posts & see if you can find one where I'm having trouble with spotting/marks/streaks/first cleans etc. you won't. ;) nuff said.

Slash

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 03:30:06 pm »

For the majority of properties on my round, cleaning the top frame is more often than not at the expense of clean glass!!

Look back through my 3400 posts & see if you can find one where I'm having trouble with spotting/marks/streaks/first cleans etc. you won't. ;) nuff said.
Yes,I agree  but on first cleans it's a different kettle of fish,I give the top frame a quick wipe with the brush on regular cleans still  with no trouble,it's all down to technique. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :o ??? ;D

macmac

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 03:51:28 pm »

Yes,I agree  but on first cleans it's a different kettle of fish,I give the top frame a quick wipe with the brush on regular cleans still  with no trouble,it's all down to technique. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :o ??? ;D

Down to many things dude. main thing is, we have a system that works for us as individuals. ;)